Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:47

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2011, 07:31 

Hi All,

Anyone know of a way to get the new Alice Madness Returns game working across 3 monitors? For some reason whenever I boot the game with my eyefinity desktop set to primary I get a really squished resolution on only one monitor (left one), and when it gets to the game menu I cant see the options to get to the video setting and change the resolution. Also the middle and right monitor seem to stop receiving signal all together as the "no source detected" warning comes up on both of them. When I set my TV as primary (1920 x 1080 res plugged into the same graphics card as the eyefinity group) and boot the game it looks fine and everything is in order.

I tried editing the config files and changed the maximum resolution to my native 6036 x 1080 in there, and this worked for the titles cards of the game, but as soon as the main menu appears it goes back to squished on the left monitor only again!

Very annoying, I don't understand why all PC games these days don't come with triple monitor support, it would be such a simple thing to implement while the game was being developed.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 15:39 

I have the same thing, but it gets worse. After setting my res to 1920x1080 in windows, i booted the game and copied down the screen sequence so i could navigate blind. FINALLY managed to set it to 6020x1080 BUT all this gets me is a normal 1920x1080 res on my center screen and two blank screens either side. Can start the game and this stays the same.

I am amazed at how new games cant get this right...

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2011, 16:57 

http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/15374&p=216246