Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 16:58

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2011, 09:55 
Insiders
Insiders

What a total waste of money I avoided. Thanks for the heads up, I was feeling that this would be yet another awful port and it seems I was right.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2011, 20:23 

What a total waste of money I avoided. Thanks for the heads up, I was feeling that this would be yet another awful port and it seems I was right.

We are trying to get a new mode added for experienced players to better enjoy the game with.
Please read here and vote for it, if you think it will interest you:
http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=22942

We are also asking for a PC Features update that will include the ability to resize and move the GPS, adjust the eyepoint in the cockpit and other things. Some will be helpful to us triscreen users.
Again, if interested in this, please say so in this thread:
http://forums.testdriveunlimited2.com/showthread.php?t=23783

Hopefully now that we were proven right when we said people were going to be pissed with the physics and the poor wheel support, they will get to work on this and fix it soon. Honestly, I believe it would have been done before release, if Atari had not demaded it be released with no more delays. The devs seemed to want to improve things, but simply ran out of time. Will they fix it now,,, I think they may. They are being flooded with complaints (like we predicted), so that in itself should motivate them into getting these issues worked out soon.
We need your support for ideas that have been brought up. If you have anything to add to the links above, please feel free to do so.
Lets try to get this thing in shape.

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2011, 05:42 

I can confirm the devs are using our feedback from the beta to begin working on patches with. As I suspected, they simply did not have time to do much before release, which of course was set by Atari, not Eden.

I am sure they will probably combine that info with what is coming in now too, so hopefully before long we will have a wonderful driving experience and fully functional wheels.

No idea on when they will come, but everyone can pretty much rest assured, they will be coming.

Myself, I am still holding out on buying because TrackIR is a MUST HAVE for me. There are lots of others requesting it now and were before too, so that is something we may get too. Anyway, knowing they are compiling our feedback and setting up to get working on patches based on it, really makes me feel very positive about how the game will progress in the coming months.