Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 19:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 06 Oct 2010, 20:50 

I have been a member of this site for many years now... and since widescreen display have become much more common in the recent years its been easier and easier to get a nice resolution when playing games...

Now comes Singularity... been messing with the settings for 5 days now... and im about to give up...

I found out the game has its settings in the registry... the problem is that when i set my custom resolution in there and enter the game, i have "weird" overscan issue.. overscan only from the right and bottom... the top and left are fine...

If I pick 1280x720 then i have Tremendous overscan on all 4 side and its unplayable...

The custom resolution that was created with the nvidia control pannel is 1164x648

I have tried 4 sets of drivers including the latest from nvidia... and the beta ones from 3dguru...

I have a quad6600 overclocked with a GTX 260 and 4gb ram... (if anyone was gonna ask)

I have tried messing around with screenpercentage on the registry page... it has a HUGE number in the millions... if i change it too much i get a black screen... otherwise it does not seem to change anything...

If anyone can help i would appreciate it greatly... i am out of idea...

Thank you VERY much for anyone who will try to help! ;)

EDIT : additional information :
I am using component HD output from the video card... yes i know its not the best...
but that old hdtv (sony wega proj.lcd.52inch.1080i) does not support hdmi...
and the dvi is already used by the ps3...

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2010, 23:11 
Editors
Editors

If you are using a custom resolution to adjust to the overscan, try the reg hack as here:
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=19722&p=194929&hilit=singularity#p194929

Its probably the same when using single screen, so adjust the numbers to the resolution you are using instead of the multimon res. :)

PostPosted: 08 Oct 2010, 23:42 

Thanks for the reply, however i had already have a look and it doesnt seem that my particular issue has been mentionned before...

I DID use the resx and resy in the registry to set my custom resolution...

It does kinda work... but the first screen has huge overscan isue (even with my resolution) and when playing in game, most of the text that would either be on the right side or bottom are off screen... The top left corner (with hud) is fine however...

I was asking if anyone had any luck decyphering the screenpercentage and other entry in the registry...

If i could somehow "zoom out" the game using another entry in the regedit, it could be playable...

Thanks for taking the time to read and answer if you do! ;)

Have a nice day!
-=FireHawkX=-

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 12:33 
Editors
Editors

I don't have the game, so I can't test out about screenpercentage. However, I'll move this thread into the request/discuss solutions for more visibility about this special issue. :)

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2010, 15:06 

Although i really appreciate the will to help, i actually gave up on it... after spending more than 10 hours changing every single value in the registry... nothing has worked...

I decided to install the game on another computer that actually runs in hdmi at 1280x720... it worked 100% on that one... no messing around with custom resolution...

we actually finished the game already.. (was nice)... and now we moved on to another... so many game theses days... enslaved, castlevania, fallout, moh, etc etc etc...

thanks for trying! ;)

have a nice day!