Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 13:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 10:33 

after finally getting this game to run i knew i would be pushing my luck to try it in a higher resolution as games from 1998 seem to be a real pain in the backside, but i tried anyway

managed to hex edit the .exe for the game & change it from 640x480 to 1920x1080 but unfortunately i get this crap

the 3D models & the 2D background are both at 1920x1080 but as you can clearly see the background is tiny

i dont suppose anyone has some advice to solve this problem

PostPosted: 30 Sep 2010, 17:52 

Resize the background images? Just try with couple. Maybe their size is static as was the resolution.

In any case, that's a very good start.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 08:12 
Insiders
Insiders

Cool and very funny game. Another Tim Schafer classic. I should slap it on my laptop.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 10:36 

unfortunately i only edited one part of the .exe & it changed the resolution for both the 3D models & the 2D backgrounds :(

i suppose extracting the background images & resizing them is the only thing that will work, unfortunately though all the background images apear to be a 4:3 aspect ratio so the chances of getting it to work in a high resolution that is 16:9 looks impossible, i might try to do it for 1280x1024 as i dont mind stretching so much but 640x480 on a 55inch TV looks fair crummy atm

for anyone trying to play this game be warned... it is a major hassle to get going, if you have a Nvidia card newer than a Geforce 7 series it simply wont work (lucky my laptop has a Geforce Go 7400) & then you have to run it in Win95 compatibility mode or the sound glitches & finally if you want to force any sort of anti-aliasing you have to do this http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?t=160387 with RivaTuner

no idea if ATI cards share the same hassles

such a shame that one of the greatest games of all time is unplayable for so many people