Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Sep 2024, 03:44

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 126  Next
PostPosted: 13 May 2012, 10:31 

What version is it, ie CD or steam etc?

Josh

Post subject: Bioshock 2
PostPosted: 13 May 2012, 15:37 

Love flawless, it works great for me except for Bioshock 2. Because of the GFWL issue I start a new game which is no big deal since I never really progressed that far because of it's lack of support, but it crashes right when the 3D engine loads. Looking at Flawless it has game version 1.0.0.1 while I noted that Bioshock 2 is now at 1.5.0.019 on Steam. Is there any chance of an update?

Thanks for everything you've done to make triple screen gaming viable.

PostPosted: 13 May 2012, 16:17 
Insiders
Insiders

Not aware of any issues with Bioshock2, not last I checked, perhaps it has been updated - I'll have to check it when I get back home end of the week.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 00:31 
Insiders
Insiders

Hmm weird, totally love the game I wish I could play it, yeah I have even disabled the Windows live service and have the file in place(D:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonBioShock 2SPBuildsBinaries) and of course nothing is prompted(no log in) when I play here is a screen of what happen when I crash on a new game, you app looks good like it finds everything(I am in windows mode so you can see everything:

Got this cased(wanted to share for anyone that could not get it to work), basically if it does not work delete the following folders and do a local cache check in Steam on the game so it re down loads the files in those two folders :

Nuke these folders:

D:Program Files (x86)SteamsteamappscommonBioShock 2SPBuildsBinaries (where ever you have Steam installed or the game)

C:Users[user name]AppDataRoamingBioshock2

Nuke those two folders and the game worked like butter its all good.

PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 00:57 
Insiders
Insiders

HUD centering and FOV fix worked after revalidating steam cache? odd that steam did not correcy itself before having to do that.

PostPosted: 14 May 2012, 02:41 
Insiders
Insiders

HUD centering and FOV fix worked after revalidating steam cache? odd that steam did not correcy itself before having to do that.

The issue is the ini/config files that screw up or conflict with your fix if we have played the game before using your fix then there is a good chance things will not work if we have modded those config files or have certain values. Basically by starting out fresh it works perfectly I think the Default.ini and some of the derived appdata files are the issue.

Dude its no big deal I am just freaking happy I can play it in 3 screen with the fixes :) its amazing now.

PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 02:18 

Is Flawless Widescreen not working in conjuction with Nvidia Surround for Mass Effect 3? If I try the fix with auto detect for the ME3 verion it crashes as soon as it starts. If I try manaually detecting the ME3 version and/or manually toggling the fix and it doesn't work.

PostPosted: 15 May 2012, 03:46 
Insiders
Insiders

It is not working 100% on NVIDIA altho I have had one or two users report success - but they report the same thing (on NVIDIA only) about it crashing, but for some reason they had success after the second time trying it, no idea why. possibly try instancing the module then exiting and then reloading it and see if there is any difference.

I'll probably be picking up a NVIDIA based solution before I leave US, bit cheaper here and my 5870 is getting a bit old.... So in the future supporting both may be a little more feasable.

Post subject: Hey all,Has anyone been
PostPosted: 18 May 2012, 06:42 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey all,

Has anyone been able to get Tribes:Ascend working with the latest patch?

My FOV is borked and Flawless shows "UNSUPPORTED".

Thanks!

i7-4770k @4ghz

16GB Ram

Planar SA2311W 3D Vision monitors (x3)

Windows 7 x64 Ultimate SP1

Post subject: wazoo wrote:Hey all,Has
PostPosted: 18 May 2012, 07:40 
I Donated
I Donated

Hey all,

Has anyone been able to get Tribes:Ascend working with the latest patch?

My FOV is borked and Flawless shows "UNSUPPORTED".

Thanks!

I'm getting the same thing it seems. Hopefully flawless will be updated soon!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 126  Next