Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 07:06

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: DC-TeaAge wrote:Gazoo
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012, 10:51 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote]One thing I'd like to see in Borderlands if eventually the crash problem every 15 minutes is eventually fixed

I also have this problem. HaYDeN I know that many others have posted this same problem. Is it possible to fix?

Not a fix, but a workaround ... which works for me at least:

It crashes after a certain amount of time, IF the fix/program is activated.

I've set a timer and 14min after starting and loading my game i close the flawlesswidescreen-program for 2 minutes. Next crash will appear 1 hour (!) later at the 1:16h mark. So same thing hen: Close the hackprogramm for 2minutes.

Don't know when the next crash will appear, since i usually don't play this long.

Edit: i'm also not sure if it was 1:16 or 1:06 when the second crash will happen ...

Anyway, with this "workaround" i was able to play borderlands with my desired FOV. Knowing when a crash will happen, you can play around it.

I'm fully aware of the issue - infact I should probably pull the plugin because I don't think it will ever be fixed properly, not without _alot_ of time.... one could probably come up with some crappy half assed fix using just read/write memory without modifying the code, but it would have side effects.

There are multiple checks, there is code that checks the code that checks the code (i shit you not, infact it's pretty common place in protected games).... SHA1 hash - this is the DRM....

You can't time when it will scan with any consistency.... it's both timer based and trigger based.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:DC-TeaAge
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012, 11:44 
Insiders
Insiders

[quote][quote][quote]One thing I'd like to see in Borderlands if eventually the crash problem every 15 minutes is eventually fixed

I also have this problem. HaYDeN I know that many others have posted this same problem. Is it possible to fix?

I've set a timer and 14min after starting and loading my game i close the flawlesswidescreen-program for 2 minutes. Next crash will appear 1 hour (!) later at the 1:16h mark. So same thing hen: Close the hackprogramm for 2minutes.

Don't know when the next crash will appear, since i usually don't play this long.

Edit: i'm also not sure if it was 1:16 or 1:06 when the second crash will happen ...

Anyway, with this "workaround" i was able to play borderlands with my desired FOV. Knowing when a crash will happen, you can play around it.

I'm fully aware of the issue - infact I should probably pull the plugin because I don't think it will ever be fixed properly, not without _alot_ of time.... one could probably come up with some crappy half assed fix using just read/write memory without modifying the code, but it would have side effects.

There are multiple checks, there is code that checks the code that checks the code (i shit you not, infact it's pretty common place in protected games).... SHA1 hash - this is the DRM....

You can't time when it will scan with any consistency.... it's both timer based and trigger based.

Never had a crash while using your fix (nvidia here) so I'm not sure what the issue is. I think it worked well, from what I could tell. Love for you to have a look at The secret world MMO - you'd have fun with that one :P and its free (3 day trial) :) Love all the work btw, saving up coin to donate.

Spoonie

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:DC-TeaAge
PostPosted: 30 Aug 2012, 18:28 

[quote][quote][quote]One thing I'd like to see in Borderlands if eventually the crash problem every 15 minutes is eventually fixed

Don't pull the plugin though. While it might not be without any flaw, it is something people can "workaround". Having more than one solutions for fixing the fov is always welcome.

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 01:20 

help ,cannot make it work! does it work on single display? i need to increase fov of gw2,in dungeons is a finger in the ass!

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 02:05 
Insiders
Insiders

help ,cannot make it work! does it work on single display? i need to increase fov of gw2,in dungeons is a finger in the ass!

Read the instructions - the patch is not a FOV fix, it fixes the camera bouncing for Eyefinity and NVIDIA.

"Z Camera padding fix rectifies the issues where the camera bounces in and out as you get to close to an object, the larger the AR the worse this appears to be, the lower the value the less padding - 2.x appears to be the best setting."

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 09:05 

thx for the fixes the hud and camera is working perfect now only problem i still can't seem to fix is cut scenes playing asura all the cutscenes with humans cut the head off and norn are almost from the chest up. Any idea how to fix this?

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2012, 19:51 

GUYS!pls how i make this work for gw2? i want increase fow but seems doing nothing to me.
I tried both starting game and then starting the tool, and starting before tool then game,but no luck.
Tried also to activate the program after a while i started gw2 and starting gw2 while the program was already active but none of this worked.
HERE ARE MY SETTINGS:
http://img337.imageshack.us/img337/3415/49695407.jpg
http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/7320/18588451.jpg
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/1280/29486252.jpg

Attached files

Post subject: Dear KilyanHaYDeN
PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012, 10:29 
Insiders
Insiders

Dear Kilyan

Read the instructions - the patch is not a FOV fix, it fixes the camera bouncing for Eyefinity and NVIDIA.

"Z Camera padding fix rectifies the issues where the camera bounces in and out as you get to close to an object, the larger the AR the worse this appears to be, the lower the value the less padding - 2.x appears to be the best setting."

You cannot change the FOV in guild wars 2 with this tool (yet), as it is NOT a FOV fix.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012, 10:33 
I Donated
I Donated

Yo, HaYDeN! I hate to bother you about this, but does the GW2 HUD fix attempt to center the chat box? If it's supposed to, then it seems to not be working on my end, even with Ignore Hardware Type checked.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2012, 12:58 

the camera bounce is also in single monitor,is not a multimonitor issue only, but can u make a fov change setting hayden? looks terrible the gw2 default!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 37, 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43 ... 126  Next