Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 07:43

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: leeman89r wrote:HaYDeN
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 21:48 

[quote]I am pretty sure the reason for the crash is that Borderlands periodically is checking the EXE for changes and if it detect changes, terminates.

Will you be able to fix this? It makes the Borderlands experience just so much better ;( I can't really see myself playing without it.
[quote]I am pretty sure the reason for the crash is that Borderlands periodically is checking the EXE for changes and if it detect changes, terminates.

Will you be able to fix this? It makes the Borderlands experience just so much better ;( I can't really see myself playing without it.

I don't mind if this really cant be fixed Ii can survive not playing a game without my three screens) but whats the point of having a module for borderlands if this cannot be stopped from periodically checking the EXE. So if anyone would be nice of enough to show instructions on how to disable this problem (if at all possible) I and many others will gladly appreciate it.

Ty for reading =)

Post subject: leeman89r wrote:HaYDeN
PostPosted: 15 Jul 2012, 22:20 

I don't mind if this really cant be fixed Ii can survive not playing a game without my three screens) but whats the point of having a module for borderlands if this cannot be stopped from periodically checking the EXE. So if anyone would be nice of enough to show instructions on how to disable this problem (if at all possible) I and many others will gladly appreciate it.

Ty for reading =)

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 15:30 
Insiders
Insiders

- Added new module, Orcs Must Die! (FOV Fix)

- Added new module, Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
(Enable all resolutions (maybe?) - FOV and Aspect fix... skybox screwed on Triplewide)

GTA:SA is quite experimental, let me know if it works for you. (bar skybox)

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: Hi,I am sorry if this is
PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 15:38 

Hi,

I am sorry if this is not the thread to post a request for a plugin.
Would it be possible to make a plugin for Dawn of War/Winter Assault version 1.51? Widescreen resolutions do not work even though they can be selected on the graphic options, only 4:3 resolutions work, all others result in black sidebars syndrome.

I would be very grateful if this could be done.

Regards,
jemail

PostPosted: 16 Jul 2012, 18:44 

Hayden is there a possibility to look at a fifa 12 replay fix? The menus work great but replays are zoomed in. Not a gamebreaking issue but it would be nice to see a score in all it's glory :)

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 11:00 

I have the same problem with Borderlands as described here before. I get a crash after about 15 min and that is a real shame because without your fix this game makes me sick.

Is there anything you can do to fix that? With Borderlands 2 coming out this fall, more and more ppl going to play Borderlands and more and more ppl will try to play it with a decent FOV. And it looks like your tool is the best one out there, except for the crashes...

I hope you can fix this! :)

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 11:09 
Administrators
Administrators

From what I've been told the crash is caused by the game checking itself for hacks every 15 minutes, since Flawless Widescreen is a memory hack, the game kills itself on the check. There is a fix in DR for Borderlands that doesn't crash the game, but its not as complete as this one I'm afraid.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 11:49 
Insiders
Insiders

its calling msvcrt::abort() -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k089yyh0.aspx

It actually keeps running while its displaying the message (for me anyway) which suggests a new thread was probably dispatched just to do whatever it does (check for hacks?) - Borderlands is also quite multithreaded so potentially I could try some mutex locking (not fun in assembly) incase of some crazy null pointer issue because another thread is molesting that dataset, but the crash should result in a different error and the same code executes fine without the hack so go figure.

It's definitely calling some function, finding either a variable or a state which it doesn't want to see and calling that function, if it was stack corruption, it'd just crash.

I've tried hooking the abort call and everything, but for some reason it wont intercept.

Strangly enough I see trainers etc online that use codecaves, but I also see alot of complaints about them causing it to crash :)

I don't know, I've spent way too much time on Borderlands already and I'm not sure investing more time in a dead cause is a good idea, a different tact could potentially see a different outcome, it also obv takes alot of time to prepare before each test and then you have to wait 15 minutes to see that you failed, i think from memory also, if i just stand in the same place, it'll run for hours.... (maybe you guys could play it that way? jokes)

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:its calling
PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 12:11 
Insiders
Insiders

its calling msvcrt::abort() -- http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/k089yyh0.aspx

It actually keeps running while its displaying the message (for me anyway) which suggests a new thread was probably dispatched just to do whatever it does (check for hacks?) - Borderlands is also quite multithreaded so potentially I could try some mutex locking (not fun in assembly) incase of some crazy null pointer issue because another thread is molesting that dataset, but the crash should result in a different error and the same code executes fine without the hack so go figure.

It's definitely calling some function, finding either a variable or a state which it doesn't want to see and calling that function, if it was stack corruption, it'd just crash.

I've tried hooking the abort call and everything, but for some reason it wont intercept.

Strangly enough I see trainers etc online that use codecaves, but I also see alot of complaints about them causing it to crash :)

I don't know, I've spent way too much time on Borderlands already and I'm not sure investing more time in a dead cause is a good idea, a different tact could potentially see a different outcome, it also obv takes alot of time to prepare before each test and then you have to wait 15 minutes to see that you failed, i think from memory also, if i just stand in the same place, it'll run for hours.... (maybe you guys could play it that way? jokes)

Here is a funny idea :D Why not disable the fix , restoring the original code after lets say 14:30 minutes and auto enable the fix 30 seconds later.

This way I think you can see if an actual integrity checking is done:D Useful for debugging :) and I think is better than just crash the whole app:D

Again , funny and crazy idea:))

Best Regards,
Helifax

Only website to show TRUE 3D Vision Surround Gaming Videos(viewable by anyone) only at
3D Vision Surround Gallery

E-mail and Paypal (for people who wants it): [email protected]

PostPosted: 18 Jul 2012, 19:30 

I'll look into it.

I don´t want to annoy, but if you need the 3.2 gog-exe or some other files from the game Witcher 2, tell me.
Thanks in advance... :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 126  Next