Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Sep 2024, 18:41

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 148  Next
PostPosted: 12 Dec 2007, 04:54 

First, thanks for the program, you saved me from missing BF2142's great art work.

I was wondering if theres a chance you could add two hot keys to manually increase or decrease the FOV in the punkbuster version?

I tried using 15:4 in Battlefield 2142 on a 30", it looked incredible, but i had to have my nose about 3 inches from the monitor to minimize the distortion and the majority of the objects disappear.

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2007, 08:05 

What i have been doing is setting it to 16:9, which increased the overall FOV on my 16:10 monitor. I think somewhere around 16:6 is what im looking for, is that easy to do? Or the hotkey idea? If not, no worries. Thanks again,

PostPosted: 12 Dec 2007, 21:28 

Thanks anyway, I donated to you on your page for what you've already done.

I don't see why it would be such a bad thing, unless they specifically say no FOV hacks. I've never seen a post saying players aim gets better with a bigger monitor, but i have the opposite, many times, although thats not very a very scientific way to draw a conclusion, i admit. In my own experience, it does seem to get harder and i remember when I first got a 19", coming from a 15", I remember thinking that about having to make a trade-off between larger FOV and worse aiming ability, but i chocked it up to better realism which i thought was cool. Heck, i play with no reticule for added realism (by realism i mean believability) and thus, immersion.

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2007, 17:46 

Ah, ok. No prob. :)

PostPosted: 28 Dec 2007, 22:59 

Hey Dopefish, this is absolutly beautiful !!! Thanks You

1 question...

I like to play Forgotten hope 1 and forgotten hope 2. They are mods for BF and BF2. Will this work with these mods ?

Also, if I only play these games, which version of your program do u suggest ?

Thanks !

PostPosted: 05 Jan 2008, 16:06 

Hi, I'm getting a strange issue with this Fix and BF2 - when it's disabled, everything works as it should (since nothing is changed). However, as soon as I enable it, almost everything goes black - all I can see on the screen are my gun and my HUD. Even the '3D map' (the icons hovering above teammates and Control Points) disappears! Here's two screenshots (yes, I know the resolution is 1280 X 1024, I'm testing this program):

Widescreen Fixer Disabled:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/28/1547530/Documents/Pictures/Widescreen%20Disabled.jpg

Widescreen Fixer Enabled:
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/28/1547530/Documents/Pictures/Widescreen%20Enabled.jpg

WTF @ the Field of View Value in the second screenshot :?

BF2 Version: 1.41
BF2 Resolution: 853 X 480 @ 75Hz
Desktop Resolution: 1280 X 1024 @ 75Hz
BF2 Windowed Mode: Enabled
+Widescreen 1: Added in BF2 shortcut
Anti-Aliasing: Disabled (still results in same problem for both enabled and disabled)
Widescreen Fixer Version: 1.32
Run as Administrator: Enabled for both BF2 and Widescreen Fixer
Desktop Composition (DWM Status): Disabled
BF2 Server: LAN (Offline mode since I was testing this app)
Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 (my rig's a laptop)
ForceWare Version: 163.75
Xfire: Running (FPS reported by it)

I've also noticed a significant drop in framerate (see the above screenshots) when enabling the Widescreen Fix, probably linked to the crazy FOV Value reported by the application.

Any ways to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance,
V-X2

Edit: Ok, I fixed it by running the game in fullscreen mode. But the HUD is stretched, is there any way to regain the proper aspect? Thanks again

Edit 2: Strange, now it works in Windowed mode too! :?
http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/10/28/1547530/Documents/Pictures/Widescreen%20Works%20Now.jpg

PostPosted: 06 Jan 2008, 08:44 

Lol, it's ok ;)

Thanks a LOT for this excellent program! :D :D :D

But strangely, BioShock doesn't seem to have a wider FOV even with this program enabled (and the pressing of the semi-colon to enable it). Instead, after changing it to a normal (4:3) resolution, I realized that my FOV is actually cropped, meaning that the FOV was never widened! Am I missing some additional things to get it working? :?

BioShock Version: 1.0
BioShock Resolution: 853 X 480 @ 60Hz
Desktop Resolution: 1280 X 800 @ 60Hz (N/A since i'm running in Fullscreen mode)
BioShock Windowed Mode: Disabled
Anti-Aliasing: Disabled
Widescreen Fixer Version: 1.32
Run as Administrator: Enabled for Widescreen Fixer (is it required for BioShock to be run as an Administrator for this to work?)
Desktop Composition (DWM Status): Disabled
Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce Go 7300 (my rig's a laptop)
ForceWare Version: 163.75
Xfire: Running

Thanks again!

Edit: Strange, the program on [url]http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/node/8028] works for me, though (BioShock was not run as an Admin). Maybe it's just that v1.32 of Widescreen Fixer had a fault that was fixed for subsequent versions? :?

PostPosted: 07 Jan 2008, 15:29 

Well, I tend to stay more on the safe side (especially considering the fact that there's a possibility of getting banned by PB), so I need to know if it's safe if I have the untested [by EB] program (v1.40) but do not have it running during gameplay (I'll be using v1.32 for BF2 after all). I won't get banned, will I? :?

I know that PB does background scans to detect cheat/hack programs, so I'm wondering whether they'll ban me just because I have v1.40 which has not been verified by EB, even if it isn't running. (I saw what happened to a friend of mine who 'tested' a game hack, he ended up with a global hardware ban [I think] and I don't want to have to go through all that trouble!! :shock: )

Post subject: OMG
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2008, 22:11 

Wow, my prayers have finally been answered!

After basically abandoning BF2/2142 for games that supported widescreen natively (read: Source-engine, TF2 most recently) and getting the end of year newsletter from WSGF, I have discovered my formerly favorite FPS games are now fully supported thanks to Dopefish!

Holy Freaking Super!

Thank you sooo much!

Can't wait to try this out!

PostPosted: 28 Jan 2008, 05:58 

I am using v1.4 to play BF2142 on vista32 at 1680x1050 - really appreciate the fixer thanks.

I have no problem with the 'Old Method' setting although prefer the 'New Method' setting as I would rather the panning than the zooming issue.

Only trouble is the game stops responding after I enable the fixer when in 'New Method' setting. Anyone else experience this?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1475 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 148  Next