Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 13 Jul 2024, 08:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 126  Next
 Post subject: Re: Flawless Widescreen
PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 14:30 

It doesn't work for me either, but if I run it in windowed then hit set borderless while the game is running it sets it to borderless. The 3D stuff is all normal but the hud is on the outsides and some of it is stretched. It does span the 3 monitors though. To be clear I am talking about The DX11 version that is separate from the DX9 version, with a separate entry in your steam library. The old version got an update too and It still works for me with the current plugin. The DX11 version has to be bought, that's right they are selling the same game twice nowadays. It comes with all three DLC which is why I got it, so it was actually cheaper then buying them. However if someone were to already own all the DLC it seems like a hard pill to swallow for what is in effect a still garbage looking DX11 version.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 14:50 
Administrators
Administrators

Note the DX11 version is a completely different version and is a 64bit executable rather then a 32bit one. In short there is no chance for the fix for the original to work as is on the new version. They didn't just patch the game they released a completely new revision of it.

HaYDeN has indicated he will look to see if he can convert the existing fix for the new version.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 15:42 

Skid wrote:
Note the DX11 version is a completely different version and is a 64bit executable rather then a 32bit one. In short there is no chance for the fix for the original to work as is on the new version. They didn't just patch the game they released a completely new revision of it.

HaYDeN has indicated he will look to see if he can convert the existing fix for the new version.

Gotcha, I was actually more driving at just putting that info there for anyone who wants to play in Surround/Eyefinity in the meantime. Also realizing I wasn't as clear as I would have liked the other thing is, that the plugin isn't hooking, and won't enable yet hitting set borderless is still fixing the constraint issue and spanning across all of the displays. With all of the 3D displayed correctly. Just trying to give as much info as possible.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 19:13 

HaYDeN wrote:
21_9 PC Gamer wrote:
DAOWAce wrote:
I thought FWS was supposed to autodetect the game version?

After updating to the latest FWS plugin version and attempting to play my old Dark Souls 2 again (v1.03, calibration 1.07; before they ruined pure faith characters), FWS no longer works with the game. I had the update pending for a while but seeing FWS auto-detects versions made me confident to update. I was wrong.

I don't see any way to get the old plugin version back. Updating the game is out of the question until I 100% finish my playthrough with that character.

While the game is still playable, I'd rather not have it locked to 16:9 when I've been playing in 21:9 since its release.

Is there any way to revert this manually? If not: Does someone have an old version still they can send me or is there an archived version somewhere I can be linked?
Namco patched it again yesterday 1.15 calibration with more pointless weapon rebalances so now once again FWS has stopped working until HaYDen has the time to fix it again.

I just tried the original Dark Souls II and it still works fine?

The latest 1.15 calibration works fine?

What about my issue? Surely the old plugin code is still in FWS? I know Widescreen Fixer has a dropdown selection to choose your game version, but I swore FWS had one too before it was changed to an auto-detection method. If only the latest version of the game is supported now, then that's a bit jank compared to how it used to be (if I'm even remembering correctly; it's been years).

In fact, I just tried my last updated version (v1.07, calibration 1.12) and FWS doesn't work with that either, so it does seem like only the latest version of the game is supported with FWS.

And now while writing this I updated to the latest version (v1.10, calibration 1.15) and can confirm it now finally works.

This is disheartening. Why even have a game version selection dropdown menu if it's now defunct? It's even more misleading when it says it auto-detects the version but really doesn't.

I guess I really am going to have to finish my playthrough with that character in 16:9. *sigh* May as well just retire the character; it's completely broken in any calibration after 1.07 (and it looks like 1.15 didn't change anything; even fixing the 25% damage nerf they said was actually a buff. See here, here and here for complaints/reports).

Surely you have an archive of the older fixes I can use? It's supposed to be open source, but I'm no developer so I stand no chance of changing this myself.

PostPosted: 02 Apr 2015, 20:00 

Just wanted to add the latest FWS still works perfectly for me Dark Souls 2 DX9 original Steam version in 21:9 with the 1.15 calibration & I also own all the 3 DLC they all work just fine.

I also upgraded to DX11 Dark Souls 2 SOTFS edition however I get the same error as others. FWS is not working with the DX11 64 bit exe right now I hope HaYDen can work his magic & fix this.

PostPosted: 03 Apr 2015, 21:46 

21_9 PC Gamer wrote:
Just wanted to add the latest FWS still works perfectly for me Dark Souls 2 DX9 original Steam version in 21:9 with the 1.15 calibration & I also own all the 3 DLC they all work just fine.

I also upgraded to DX11 Dark Souls 2 SOTFS edition however I get the same error as others. FWS is not working with the DX11 64 bit exe right now I hope HaYDen can work his magic & fix this.

On the new DX11 version start it in windowed and use the button on the plugin that says set borderless. The plugin won't enable but it will resize it and remove the title bar. Everything but the hud will look normal, and the hud is just a tad stretched and on the outside instead of centered. All the interactions and other pop-ups except the menu scale correctly as well. It is completely playable. Alternatively you can use shift window or borderless gaming, In short any utility that can enable borderless windowed will work fine.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015, 00:27 
Insiders
Insiders

The Dark Souls II patch is complete, it's a new plugin called "Dark Souls II: SOTFS" - I have not pushed it out yet, but will shortly.

One caveat with this patch - they've changed the way the letterboxing works, so currently you have to play it in windowed mode and use the "Set Borderless" button, it requires some more time to get full screen exclusive mode working properly.

[edit]Plugin now pushed, should show up as a new available plugin[/edit]

[edit]The VAC warning for this plugin stays in place, but according to the steam store (the new one atleast) doesn't list Valve Anticheat[/edit]

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

Last edited by HaYDeN on 04 Apr 2015, 01:00, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015, 00:55 

Thanks Hayden, that was really quick. Will definitely look forward to the fullscreen version as well.

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015, 08:10 

When I load Skyrim its glorious, the problem is, I have a 3 monitor setup and the hud pointer and everyone always happen on the first scrren even though im walking andf looking on screen 2, is there something im missing?

PostPosted: 04 Apr 2015, 10:44 

Thanks for the fix HaYDen look forward to the exclusive full screen option as well.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 99, 100, 101, 102, 103, 104, 105 ... 126  Next