Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 14:28

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 126  Next
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 09:47 

Hey, HaYDeN. I never used Flawless Widescreen before, so I gotta ask - how exactly does it work? Namely, what should I do to get it on KotOR? Do I use it instead or with UniWS? How do I use it? I haven't found any thorough instructions.

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 10:01 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey, HaYDeN. I never used Flawless Widescreen before, so I gotta ask - how exactly does it work? Namely, what should I do to get it on KotOR? Do I use it instead or with UniWS? How do I use it? I haven't found any thorough instructions.

It's for the Steam version of the game, so if you have a cracked EXE to use with UniWS you will need to revalidate your cache, if you don't have the steam version then it likely wont work, atleast not unless I add those versions.

Short story is that you start FWS, Select KOTOR plugin... if this is the first time you have ever ran FWS with KOTOR, you need to launch KOTOR, load or start a game, then quit.... this generates all the required files.

The second time you launch KOTOR FWS is active and should be working, HUD should be corrected and image backgrounds should all be correct... if they are not, again start a game, then hit ESC and change your resolution...

It's slightly finicky at first but it works well once it's all setup with no further interaction, Lolotov tell's me he has completed the game on triplewide using it.

Want to keep Flawless Widescreen alive? Donate Here

PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 13:01 

I've attached an image of GW2 using flawless widescreen during a cut scene. Also during game play. I find game play to be great, although I don't notice the lines between monitors while playing (didn't even know they were there until looking at the screenshots). Cutscenes are not perfect, but I prefer them to just seeing the chest of the characters.

and, Thank you very much for all of the work that goes into this software, it's a great tool!

Attached files

Post subject: HaYDeN wrote:wilsonmp
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 18:19 

[quote][quote]Hi,

is there a chance of a Plugin-update for Witcher-2 GOG-version v.3.2 ?

i hope :~

or it´s possible to downgrade to Version 3.0 of GOG without a new installation?

I'll look into it.
[quote][quote]Hi,

is there a chance of a Plugin-update for Witcher-2 GOG-version v.3.2 ?

i hope :~

or it´s possible to downgrade to Version 3.0 of GOG without a new installation?

I'll look into it.

Perhaps a small possibility?

Post subject: chieftex wrote:Dear
PostPosted: 04 Sep 2012, 18:43 

Dear Kilyan

[quote]

Read the instructions - the patch is not a FOV fix, it fixes the camera bouncing for Eyefinity and NVIDIA.

"Z Camera padding fix rectifies the issues where the camera bounces in and out as you get to close to an object, the larger the AR the worse this appears to be, the lower the value the less padding - 2.x appears to be the best setting."

You cannot change the FOV in guild wars 2 with this tool (yet), as it is NOT a FOV fix.

can u please work on doing a flawless widescreen fixer with fov settings for gw2? the problem really is the camera is too low so when u go in indoors, u get a claustrofobic sensation, and also if the walls of a room are too near u,can't see a damn thing!
im often getting hit without be able to see what is hitting me,its quite annoying!
so this game needs really a fov adjustable setting or adjustable height camera.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 15:51 

Would be nice if you update GW2 plugin. I want to test if it works now.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 20:06 

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new system and am wanting to set up a PLP setup with 19"-27"-19" and apparently that wont work for most games. Will this allow me to run the games I want (most Diablo 3, WoW, Rage, GW2, Witcher, couple others) at 4360x1440 resolution across all three screens?

Thanks a bunch! This seems like my last hope for this set up!

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 21:05 
Insiders
Insiders

Would be nice if you update GW2 plugin. I want to test if it works now.

I've updated the plugin to rectify the issue I alluded to in an earlier post whereby Bezel corrected resolutions may cause issues.

The plugin itself doesn't need to constantly be updated because it's signature scan based, this means that it searches the executable from top to bottom for the code to modify and dynamicly injects into the right places - all future plugins (where possible) will be like this going forward, means they will no longer require constant updates and will work with other versions, eg. cracked etc.

The older plugins will be switched to signature scanning as required.

PostPosted: 06 Sep 2012, 21:07 
Insiders
Insiders

Hey, I'm looking to buy a new system and am wanting to set up a PLP setup with 19"-27"-19" and apparently that wont work for most games. Will this allow me to run the games I want (most Diablo 3, WoW, Rage, GW2, Witcher, couple others) at 4360x1440 resolution across all three screens?

Thanks a bunch! This seems like my last hope for this set up!

I'm currently re-writing the DisplayDetection engine at the moment, will likely be included in the next release, this should hopefully rectify issues with AMD Crossfire based Eyefinity setups, as well as properly support Landscape and Portrait, support 5x1 and odd display setups such as what you've presented.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2012, 10:51 

GW2 looks still like it looks on my last screenshot.. won't work - thanks anyway.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1252 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44 ... 126  Next