Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 12:05

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 02:56 
Insiders
Insiders

I have a retail copy of the original game, but I was wondering what GOTY has. Specifically, the PC version. From what I've read, it comes with the DLC (but isn't that free on PC anyway?), excluding the PS3-exclusive Joker levels, and the console versions come with anaglyph 3D support, but the PC version doesn't.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 10:16 
Editors
Editors

That's about it, I think. Unless they've patched the AA issue or whatever. But didn't they do that anyway? Frankly, it's just confusing what they've done there.

PostPosted: 25 Oct 2010, 14:10 

I actually have both version in steam as I purchased one of those developer catalogue packs with it in it after already purchasing it ages ago... but they changed the name and removed the old version so they are both listed in my games...

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2010, 15:20 
Editors
Editors

Game desc.:
Critically acclaimed Batman: Arkham Asylum returns with a remastered Game of the Year Edition, featuring 4 extra Challenge Maps. The additional Challenge Maps are Crime Alley; Scarecrow Nightmare; Totally Insane and Nocturnal Hunter (both from the Insane Night Map Pack).
So there you go, the GOTY has two Challenge maps that the DLC has not, i.e Crime Alley and Scarecrow Nightmare. The non-dd GOTY has some additional cardboard goodies I think. There's much more Challenge maps in the vanilla game than I cared to try, so that's one lousy GOTY if you ask me - granted, this excellent game is actually GOTY material by itself.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2010, 17:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Am I the only oen taht foudn this game realyl boring? I played it for about 4 horus adn it's suepr-ponear, adn the game wants to hold your hand throughout... it was jsut.... dull. And oh-so-easy, basic combat.

PostPosted: 06 Nov 2010, 17:55 

The gameplay reminded me of a poor man's Metroid. The stealth kill areas were the high point for me.

Voice acting was superb.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2010, 05:49 

Am I the only oen taht foudn this game realyl boring? I played it for about 4 horus adn it's suepr-ponear, adn the game wants to hold your hand throughout... it was jsut.... dull. And oh-so-easy, basic combat.

I guess so... most people adored Arkham Asylum, myself included. It was my favorite game of 2009, and a fantastic PC port in my opinion.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2010, 16:44 
Editors
Editors

Play stealthy. Play classy. Play on harder difficulties.
In other news, I think your keyboard is dying.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2010, 17:14 
Insiders
Insiders

Hahah thanks, but it was just my brain dying. I posted that right before bed. I have a poor habit of doing that. I've spotted some old posts of mine elsewhere and some are pretty abysmal...

I think I would've enjoyed Arkham Asylum more if the game didn't try to help you so much and the combat was a bit harder. Maybe they'll release another Batman game.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2010, 06:41 

Hahah thanks, but it was just my brain dying. I posted that right before bed. I have a poor habit of doing that. I've spotted some old posts of mine elsewhere and some are pretty abysmal...

I think I would've enjoyed Arkham Asylum more if the game didn't try to help you so much and the combat was a bit harder. Maybe they'll release another Batman game.

Have you tried it on the harder difficulties? It doesn't give you warnings about counters, etc.