Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 12:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Rest of Year Wishlights
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 01:44 

Taking in the recent delays I am left with three.

Dead Rising 2
Arcania: Gothic 4
Fallout: New Vegas

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 02:37 

I'm big on open world RPGs, so I'm eager for Two Worlds 2, Gothic 4 and Fallout New Vegas. On top of that my linear shoot-a-thon loving self is always eager to play another Call of Duty game, even if Modern Warfare 2's campaign was a little ass.

I have Dead Rising 2 and Medal of Honor also pre-ordered, but am not super excited about them. I have a feeling DR2's Japanese developer influences will annoy me, like save locations and timed missions.

PostPosted: 23 Sep 2010, 10:01 
Editors
Editors

Hm, I've only really got

Civ 5 (out tomorrow in the UK - but I'm not gonna buy until it's cheaper or GotY)
F1 2010 (out tomorrow in the UK - but I'm not gonna buy until it's cheaper or GotY)
Fallout: New Vegas (not really sure about this one)

Hm. That's about it. There have been several games come out recently that I totally missed the releases of. I've been too busy to pay attention! :lol:

PostPosted: 25 Sep 2010, 20:20 

I'm big on open world RPGs, so I'm eager for Two Worlds 2, Gothic 4 and Fallout New Vegas. On top of that my linear shoot-a-thon loving self is always eager to play another Call of Duty game, even if Modern Warfare 2's campaign was a little ass.

I have Dead Rising 2 and Medal of Honor also pre-ordered, but am not super excited about them. I have a feeling DR2's Japanese developer influences will annoy me, like save locations and timed missions.

DR2 has a Canadian developer Sting. http://www.bluecastlegames.com/ It does on the other hand have a Japanese publisher, which I assume is what you meant.

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2010, 09:40 

I don't think i'm excited for anything. DR2 looks to be rubbish and DLC oriented. Arcania has securom and well.... i guess Fallout: New Vegas should be good but it might just be a texture update set in a new map rather than any progression of the gameplay/story arc. There must be something... i guess i am waiting for a Civ 5 expansion announement so that i can justify not getting it yet and waiting for some patches to the rubbish demo AI and a few other issues i had with it. 2k aren't impressing me with anything. Haven't finished Stalker: CoP yet. So i've got a boatload of old games to play still. I guess i'm only interested in the Witcher 2 and Portal 2. Also F1 2010 looks to be a re-textured GRID so i'm probably going to stay away from that as i would have been more interested in an F1 sim,

PostPosted: 26 Sep 2010, 19:01 

I don't think i'm excited for anything. DR2 looks to be rubbish and DLC oriented. Arcania has securom and well.... i guess Fallout: New Vegas should be good but it might just be a texture update set in a new map rather than any progression of the gameplay/story arc. There must be something... i guess i am waiting for a Civ 5 expansion announement so that i can justify not getting it yet and waiting for some patches to the rubbish demo AI and a few other issues i had with it. 2k aren't impressing me with anything. Haven't finished Stalker: CoP yet. So i've got a boatload of old games to play still. I guess i'm only interested in the Witcher 2 and Portal 2. Also F1 2010 looks to be a re-textured GRID so i'm probably going to stay away from that as i would have been more interested in an F1 sim,

Gamespot Dead Rising Review:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadrising/index.html?tag=result%3Btitle%3B4

Gamespot Dead Rising 2 Review:
http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/deadrising2/review.html?tag=topslot;img;1

Dead Rising 2 scored higher on gamespot than Dead Rising did. All signs point to it being a legit sequel. I for one will be booting it up as soon as steam allows me to do so on Tuesday.

PostPosted: 27 Sep 2010, 06:07 

Civ V (waiting for steam holiday sales most likely)
Fallout New Vegas (not sure but I like Bethesda's stuff)

Not for PC
Golden Eye 007 for Wii (probably the 5th console game I owned was Goldeneye for N64, after 3 NES games and Ocarina of Time)

There are a ton of older games (last 3-5 years) I need to get around to acquiring and playing. Wanted to play them and never got around to it.

Rainbow 6 Vegas 1 and 2
Crysis and Warhead
FEAR 1 and 2
The Wolfenstein games
HAWX
Oblivion

And then there is the old classic stuff like Deus Ex and Duke Nukem that I never played...

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2010, 17:04 

After posting in here and finishing the Civ 5 demo, I caved and purchased the full game. Unfortunately i would watch the patch release notes for a few more weeks as the diplomacy system and the AI warfare/diplomacy are pretty average. Also the performance in the late game is a bit sluggish. Otherwise the game is quite good and hits all the right tactical/strategic things you want. Another major issue is the lack of animations in multiplayer. :(

Asides from these the game is great. If most of these issues get resolved in patches then i would say it's a must have. Currently it might be more of a wait and see. (Especially if you prefer diplomacy and online multiplayer)

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 15:20 

I am looking forward to Need for speed hot pursuit. criterion did a great job with burnout so I have high hopes for nfshp.
I realy liked burnout paradise but only have a couple of multiplayer bits left to do on it and most of my friends on there are American, so I have to stay up late to play against them.

Brink looks pretty good and I know some of my friends will go for that.

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2010, 21:50 
Editors
Editors

I am looking forward to Need for speed hot pursuit. criterion did a great job with burnout so I have high hopes for nfshp.
I realy liked burnout paradise but only have a couple of multiplayer bits left to do on it and most of my friends on there are American, so I have to stay up late to play against them.

Brink looks pretty good and I know some of my friends will go for that.

Criterion are doing the new NFS game? :D It might be like Shift, and be half decent, then. Last one I enjoyed was Most Wanted, and the last one before that I enjoyed was the original Hot Persuit (NFS4)...