Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 10:42

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Oct 2011, 15:29 

I hope this isn't a new trend where nVidia and AMD are trying to split us into 2 fanboy camps. I personally run Eyefinity and Deus Ex looks great but the Witcher 2 won't stretch, and the nVidia boys get a crap HUD in DXHR, but get a nice Witcher experience.

It's not on, our community is too small(as yet) to have companies trying to split us into 2 camps in their bids for supremacy.

I think I spotted Ibrin or somebody have a go at CDProject about the Witcher 2, their defence about have to code specifically for each platform didn't ring true to me, claiming they got no assistance from AMD. They wouldn't need assistance from AMD if they hadn't used a driver specific solution. Deus Ex was the same, an AMD specific solution.

Maybe I'm not fully up to speed but it all seems bloody idiotic and cynical. It's obvious from games like Bad Company 2 etc that you don't need to use driver specific code to produce perfectly good HUDs. Unless on course, a nVidia or AMD are giving you a 'subsidy' to favour one over the other.

id are big nVidia fans, whats the bets that they'll have poor support for the Eyefinity in Rage.

We should unite against the forces of evil :)