Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 20 Oct 2024, 22:51

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 04 May 2010, 03:04 

As some of you might know I recently bought "The Orange Box". And while HL2 & HL2Ep1 are both fine, HL2Ep2 bodies will vanish into thin air as soon as they are dead.

It's a bit weird, sometimes when I throw big objects at them with the gravity gun I'm not even sure if they are dead already ...

thanks.

PS: already tried all 4 "violence" variables in the console to no avail.
edit: I also just verified cache integrity.

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 05:14 
Insiders
Insiders

The Tweakgudies.com guy made an exceleltn tweak guide. Check that out for bodystay options. Also check the integrity of your game files via Steam. Or try an uninstall/reinstall.

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 05:31 

checked out the tweak guides already here : http://www.tweakguides.com/HL2_8.html
and I couldn't find any command to get me out of my misery :?, tried a couple related to models & decals without any success

already checked game files integrity through steam

so I guess that only leaves uninstall/reinstall ... ho shit ! I hope I manage to only reinstall Episode 2 from the DVD & update only that one
since my bandwidth is rather limited ...

Thanks for the help though :)

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 09:11 

Don't reinstall, that won't change anything. Delete everything in "Steamsteamappsusernamehalf-life 2 episode two" and have steam redownload it.

That is basically reinstalling without touching the gigabytes worth of game content (art, sound etc)

PostPosted: 05 May 2010, 18:08 

Don't reinstall, that won't change anything. Delete everything in "Steamsteamappsusernamehalf-life 2 episode two" and have steam redownload it.

That is basically reinstalling without touching the gigabytes worth of game content (art, sound etc)

-I renamed the folder while Steam was not started, then start Steam
-steam didn't start downloading anything
-I clicked "play"
-steam started the game.
-I played a bit through the first level (since my savegames were gone) and the same problem arises
as soon as anyone kill anything the corpse/body vanish into thin air...
-I quit the game and notice the folder I renamed was recreated

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 01:03 

Steam finally replied that they unlocked the "less violence" flag for my orange box :shock:
and that I should log off steam, relog & check the gcf files through steam

Unfortunately upon steam startup hl2 ep2 is redownloading itself completely
I don't really want to stop it since I'm now afraid to break something by installing it from the DVD...
so I guess I'll just have to bear with that download stuff, I hope my gf doesn't kill me about the lack of bandwidth :?

ho well at least I got company of heroes to keep me occupied now :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 01:45 

Steam finally replied that they unlocked the "less violence" flag for my orange box :shock:

That is actually what I thought it was, I couldn't find any reports of censorship of the OB in france though. Glad that you got it sorted!

PostPosted: 07 May 2010, 04:23 

ok it works now
unlike the announced 8~10 hours of download by steam download manager (@ an average of more than 80kB/s)
it only downloaded 125MB in total :shock:

I'm satisfied that I got help, however I still ponder why such information isn't easier to get ...
plus it's totally ridiculous HL2 & Ep1 are full of blood, zombies & whatever creepy things/context without restrictions already :roll: