Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Sep 2024, 23:52

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: New Ghost Recon Game!
PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 15:25 

So more info has come out about the new Ghost Recon game, but are they going to dumb it down?

Doesn't sound good....

"The evolution of Ghost Recon will bring a completely new and fresh approach to the shooter genre," Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot said.

Maybe they consider what the game is (open and semi-tactical) as a fresh approach?

Big fan of this game, have the originals on my laptop for travelling and AW 1 & 2 on my gaming PC at home. Hope they dont screw it up :cry:

http://notjustagame.blogspot.com/2010/01/ghost-recon-gearing-up-for-another.html

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 20:07 
Insiders
Insiders

As long as they up intelligence the squad mates I will buy it. I gave up on GRAW2 (the only one I played) after hearing 'we are taking fire' and glancing around to find from where and realising my squad members just stayed in the middle of the street taking fire and not doing anything. Yes it is my job to order tactics but I shouldn't have to move them to cover when getting shot! 'man down' 3 secs latter FFS :roll:

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 22:42 

I thought the GRAW games on PC sucked like most games from Grin, but they were excellent on the 360. I wish we got console ports instead of PC games then, to be honest.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 23:31 
Editors
Editors

I thought the GRAW games on PC sucked like most games from Grin, but they were excellent on the 360. I wish we got console ports instead of PC games then, to be honest.

Yes, but not because the 360`s GRAW was a console game, its was created by Red Storm Entertainment, not GRIN. And RSE is working on the new GR title. :rockout

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 04:36 

[quote]I thought the GRAW games on PC sucked like most games from Grin, but they were excellent on the 360. I wish we got console ports instead of PC games then, to be honest.

Yes, but not because the 360`s GRAW was a console game, its was created by Red Storm Entertainment, not GRIN. And RSE is working on the new GR title. :rockout

Right.

I guess what I was trying to say is that at the time Ubisoft made a special seperate game for the PC crowd to cater more toward PC gamer interest, i.e. more sim and deep gameplay, which usually I would praise and thank Ubisoft for. Unfortunately they gave the job to Grin and the games sucked horribly, while the Xbox got amazing action-sim games of tremedously high quality.

So I wish we got a quick console port instead of a dedicated PC release, which is an odd thing to say because any other time I would say the opposite.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 17:21 

While some of the strategy was lost from the original GR series with GRAW, I actually like both games and load them every so often. Right now I'm playing through the games again after reformating my HD.

I'm just afraid the pc version will go the way of the FPS trends of third person, 'power ups' etc at the cost of teammate control and the other things that sets the game apart from other games out there.

PostPosted: 17 Jan 2010, 22:40 

I would expect them to follow the Rainbow Six Vegas and GRAW (console version) model still... generally tactical gameplay but simplified and streamlined with no extensive mapping or loadout.

Personally I loved R6V and GRAW (console version) so I am fine with that. I know the hardcore tactical sim guys will continue to throw hissy fits and that's fine, I do the same thing with RPGs.