Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 31 Jul 2024, 13:34

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Heroes of Newerth Beta
PostPosted: 24 Jul 2009, 22:31 

Heroes of Newerth is a stand alone version of Dota (Defense of the Ancients). It is currently in Beta and they have been giving keys out pretty regularly. I do not have any keys to give out at the moment, but there is a thread on the beta forums asking for suggestions for communities to give the keys out in.

A good friend of mine has been talking about this forum for quite some time, so I figured I would create this thread and see if you guys are interested. Here is a comment from one of the developers:

We are adding more testers, if anyone has contact with any site owners, or even suggestions for sites with a good community that you think would be interested in handing out HoN beta keys, please post them in this thread, or send me a PM.

They don't have to be huge sites, feel free to make any suggestions. They can be PC, Mac, Linux, or just general gaming sites that might be interested.

If you have any direct contacts to the site operators, please PM me their info as opposed to posting it on the board.

So if you guys are interested, I could give the dev a PM and see what they say. Also, if I do get some more keys soon I will hand them out here.

I didn't see a thread on this game yet and was wanting to start one, in case any of you guys were already playing this game. The game is being developed by S2. I do not have a screen shots of the game or videos, but I am sure you can find a few on youtube. If anyone has any questions, feel free to ask. Thanks!

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 01:22 

what is Dota ?

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 01:50 
Founder
Founder

jebus_rice,

I'd love to get some keys for the site. Would be great to test the WS and TH support. You can PM them my email address.

what is Dota ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defense_of_the_Ancients

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 04:21 

I should have included the wiki in the first place. Thanks for that. I have sent the PM to them and I am waiting a response. I would not expect one till Monday atleast. Anyway, here is the PM I sent:

Hello,

This is in response to your thread asking for suggestions on gaming communities. I would like to suggest the WSGF community, or widescreengamingforum.com. They are extremely friendly and helpful. I have one of the site operators email address, . His forum name is Ibrin. Please let me know if you have any questions. Thank you!

Thanks and if I get any new keys, I will be sure to let you guys know. I only got 3 last time, so there will not be many.

PostPosted: 25 Jul 2009, 05:23 
Administrators
Administrators

I just got a beta key, my handle is CJM (obviously) so just add me as a friend if you want to play... I'm still sort of a newb though

PostPosted: 04 Aug 2009, 22:54 

I have not received any reply from them as of yet. They did just release a few patches, so they are likely dealing with that. In either case, I will let you know if I hear anything from them.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2009, 12:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Just make sure you do not post any screenshots, videos, information, etc. from the game here. It is in beta and you do have to agree to a NDA to participate.

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2009, 16:21 

Saw it here on a lan-party, and must say it seems nice.
But I didn't see if it was hor+ tho.

Anyway, i'm curious.

PostPosted: 08 Aug 2009, 01:26 

I have 2 new beta keys and no one to give them to. First 2 people to pm me their email address gets the keys.

PostPosted: 18 Aug 2009, 20:21 

All my keys are gone. If you still want some, you might try messaging CrackerJackMack. In either case, when I get more I will update this thread.