Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Sep 2024, 20:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2008, 14:39 

EDIT: Split from a Dead Space topic ...

There's going to be a lot of good games come out soon by good devs like IW, Id, Valve, etc, so I can wait a bit longer through these,..meh, whatever games. Those are the truly talented teams. Funny how the bigger corporate types can afford to but never beta test very well.
IW? You mean Infinity Ward? Or someone else. I wasn't aware they were releasing anything anytime soon. I mean there's Call of Duty 6... but that's a long ways off.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 00:02 

Yeah, IW = Infinity Ward, and I'm talking about Call of Duty: World at War of course. Also by Id there's going to be Rage and RTCW 2 and by Valve there's going to be HL2 Episode 3.

I don't buy into the conjecture that it's too hard to make a game perform well on most systems these days. Obviously Id, IW and Valve are doing it. The games I'm having trouble with now will probably perform better on the rig I'll build next, but I'll likely be having so much fun playing these other titles by then I won't be all that preoccupied with them.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 00:20 

Yeah, IW = Infinity Ward, and I'm talking about Call of Duty: World at War of course.

IW did not make CoDWaW..?

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 01:23 
Insiders
Insiders

That's right.

WaW was done by Treyarch, the same folks that did the new Bond game.

I tried it at a friends last night and i gotta say that although it's alright, it REALLY reminds me of how sick I am of playing WWII shooters.

Same boring weapons. Nothing too new.

I don't understand why they went back.. i thought COD4 was teh begining of the wnd of their WWII addiction. It's not liek there's a shortge of wars to base new games on. Personally I'd like to see a WWI-based game. Or Vietnam, or Korea.. Anything but more sfreaking WWII.

I think it'll be the first COD I'm not going to pick up.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 02:22 

I digg the whole WW2 thing. But the game is just bad all around.

I had much more fun playing CoD2 than I do playing WaW.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 03:35 

That's right.

WaW was done by Treyarch, the same folks that did the new Bond game.

I tried it at a friends last night and i gotta say that although it's alright, it REALLY reminds me of how sick I am of playing WWII shooters.

Same boring weapons. Nothing too new.

I don't understand why they went back.. i thought COD4 was teh begining of the wnd of their WWII addiction. It's not liek there's a shortge of wars to base new games on. Personally I'd like to see a WWI-based game. Or Vietnam, or Korea.. Anything but more sfreaking WWII.

I think it'll be the first COD I'm not going to pick up.

So THAT'S why I hated the demo for Quantum of Solace...

@DaFox Second that.

Why Treyarch is able to survive I have no clue...

(FYI: Still playing CoD2 online to this day)

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 04:45 

Yeah. Infinity Ward has nothing to do with Call of Duty 5. And as far as Treyarch CoD games go, I don't trust them at all.

Infinity Ward is making Call of Duty 6, and Activision wanted to cash in on the franchise while they're busy, so they nudged Treyarch into doing a 5th, just like they did with Call of Duty 3.

The ones made by Infinity Ward are: Call of Duty 1, 2, 4 and 6.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 04:51 

Isn't it interesting that both CoD 3 and CoD 5 suck?

No, not really. I'm just bored and pissed off about stuff.

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 06:04 

heh the sparks are starting to fly between IW and Activision because of that alternating crap.

http://kotaku.com/5080486/infinity-ward-guy-calls-activision-guy-super-douche

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 15:31 

Bah, you're right, I forgot it's just IW's engine Treyarch is using. However indirectly IW has done the most important work having made that wonderful engine.

BTW, just found out in trying the demo that WaW doesn't even launch on my system unless I switch over to my crappy onboard sound. I don't really get why that would be since CoD 4 plays fine with my M-Audio card.

There's some error about some water droplets file. Someone that had the same error with Vista (I'm on XP) said you can work around it by setting the audio properties to 48,000Hz sample and 16/24 bit. Unfortunately I cannot do that in XP and my sound card control panel is fixed at 44,100Hz.

I broke down and bought a SB Audigy for $16 to get me by until I build a new system. Maybe I'll get lucky and it will cure the stuttering audio problem I have in Dead Space too.