Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 13:59

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 14:06 
Insiders
Insiders

Anyone figure out how make a TOGGLE for using the ironsights?

Having to hold the fricking button is pretty uncomfortable, and my poor middle finger gets cramped - and i need that finger healthy to flip people off.

I'm sure there's a way to do it, but I'm powerful weak at custom binds so if anyone could come up with a viable answer woudd be my lovely.

PS - as the FOV 'fix' works int eh full game as it does in the demo, certainly it'll be the same for a toggle function.

PostPosted: 09 Sep 2007, 11:22 
Insiders
Insiders

H i take that as a no.

But when i find a solutiuon i'll post the bastard.

PostPosted: 10 Sep 2007, 05:31 

H i take that as a no.

But when i find a solutiuon i'll post the bastard.

STALKER is the same way. It made the game nearly unplayable for me--until I got a mouse with side buttons. Now I can use my thumb to hold on to the ironsights button while I shoot and move at the same time. Not perfect, but I can live with it.

PostPosted: 19 Sep 2007, 12:23 

I haven't played Airborne yet as I've yet to build my new rig with a shader 3 compliant vid card. I'll be sampling it soon on the rig I built for my friend whom has a new Samsung 24" monitor though.

I would try for now using L Shift for Iron Sights view and if you had that as crouch put crouch to toggle from the C key if that's an option. That way you still have use of all your W, A, S, D movement keys and your little finger would easily reach the L Shift key.

The only mod I've seen for Airborne so far is one made for the demo. It adds cheat toggles and also the option to toggle on and off the compass. The desire for an iron sights toggle is fairly common so hopefully one of the modders will manage to make an IS toggle.