Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 11:50

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2007, 20:15 

Do you remember Iranian PC game "Special Operation 85: Hostage Rescue" (http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=104587&highlight=iranian#104587)? This time lets find out something about Lebanon game "Special Force 2" where Hezballoh attacks Israel.

Watch it on youtube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DydL_y899L8
some short ingame footage
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyFOMbsUnY8

Details about the real conflict here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Lebanon_War

This game is targeted on arabian market as a bestseller (there were lots of preorders on the game before its release). According to Shi iideologists (Lebanon) the game should inspire young generation in fight with Israelis.

The game is supposed to copy some real situations from last years war.

More info about Special Force 2 on wikipedia
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Force_2

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2007, 20:38 

Could be entertaining. :lol:

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2007, 22:17 
Editors
Editors

Do you remember Iranian PC game "Special Operation 85: Hostage Rescue"

Nope, can't say I do.

Can't say I really care, either. Real world war sims have never really interested me all that much. ;)

PostPosted: 01 Sep 2007, 22:38 

I don't mind a semi-real FPS, but something like this? A little too much personally.

PostPosted: 02 Sep 2007, 06:17 

In my opinion these 2 games are nothing... special.

But it is important to understand that even games can be used as a tool of hate, as part of propaganda and how controversial it can be to kill your real "enemies" = neighbours in a game, because it touches real problem, or even more, real actual problem.

Than it changes everything about gaming. Is gaming fun then? Well, if the purpose changes IN A MIND of a man that plays a game in this direction, than it can be a problem, it can cause a problem.

If the game was developed with this IN MIND, then I do not see reason to play it. Some may, but then it will not be the only bad thing others do that I don't.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 07:02 

As long as a game isn't inherently evil--like one where you run a Nazi concentration camp or something--I'm willing to give it the benefit of a doubt and at least check it out. I don't automatically view Israel as the good guy when it comes to Israeli/Arab conflicts so I'd keep an open mind until I actually see what this game is like ... The same holds true for games where my own country, the U.S., is portrayed as a bad guy ... In U.S. games, we're always the good guy, and other countries, like the former Soviet Republics, are the bad guys ...

Speaking of which, what is up with Clancy games--Rainbow Six: Vegas, GRAW, etc--and Mexico? How come we're always blowing up shit in Mexico? I don't get that.

PostPosted: 07 Sep 2007, 23:19 

I thought this post was about someone looking for a place to buy Japanese and Korean imports.

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 13:23 
Editors
Editors

Play Asia, no? ;)

PostPosted: 08 Sep 2007, 23:26 

Depends what you are looking for. For a lot of older stuff your best bet is to hunt through the auction sites. Or get an overseas contact. :)

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2007, 19:59 

In my opinion these 2 games are nothing... special.

But it is important to understand that even games can be used as a tool of hate, as part of propaganda and how controversial it can be to kill your real "enemies" = neighbours in a game, because it touches real problem, or even more, real actual problem.

Than it changes everything about gaming. Is gaming fun then? Well, if the purpose changes IN A MIND of a man that plays a game in this direction, than it can be a problem, it can cause a problem.

If the game was developed with this IN MIND, then I do not see reason to play it. Some may, but then it will not be the only bad thing others do that I don't.

Compare to the propaganda we have here with games like Splinter Cell which openly promote "arabs" as the absolute bad guys?? When will we see a game were you have to infiltrate the CIA and destroy the corruption within the US government? Hitman Blood Money tried an approach with the whole MI5 vs CIA plot of the game (The logo of the agency is actually a slightly altered logo of pre 1995 - MI5).

Personally, I'm getting sick of having to always play what we, as a western culture, refers to as the good guys. When in reality, the CIA has done more harm to the entire world for the only purpose of pushing the corporate agenda. Think they do it for us, wrong... I defy anyone to come up with something that the CIA, NSA and DoD has done to preserve my freedom and the freedom of the rest of the US in the last 100 years.