Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 09 Sep 2024, 13:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007, 14:48 

Hey Folks,

I first told you guys about Project reality in this topic.

We're now into the final stages of the v0.5 release of Project Reality. Sometime before midnight in Honolulu on Thursday we should have links up for the server and client.

Server will be released earlier than the client and weighs in at about 65 mb. Client will be a full installation, weighs in at about 1.6 gb and requires that you uninstall v0.4 before installing v0.5.

[R-PUB]Maistros has put together a fantastic promo video for v0.5. Links for the low and high resolution versions of the movie in Quicktime .mov format can be found below as well.

Download high resolution version - 105 mb (right-click and choose Save As..)
Download low resolution version - 38 mb (right-click and choose Save As..)

Watch this space for our soon to be available v0.5 release of the award winning Project Reality mod.

The Project Reality team

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007, 15:32 
Editors
Editors

Great video and I'm sure a great mod ... but does it fix the cut down widescreen view ?

PostPosted: 08 Feb 2007, 17:07 

Looks good! I haven't played PR since I upgraded my rig, but I'll grab v0.5 when it's released. Thanks for the heads-up.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 11:26 

Project Reality v0.5 Released! (Official release info)

The award winning Project Reality and Black Sand Studios teams are proud to announce the official release of the highly anticipated Project Reality v0.5.

Coming just 90 days after the ModDB Mod of the Year "Silver Spanner" award winning Project Reality v0.4, the v0.5 release introduces some of the most radical and innovative game play changes ever seen in a Battlefield 2 mod. We have added an abundance of extra content (listed below), but in this release our main focus was altering how the game is played, even more so than our previous releases. The result has been a completely new gaming experience for both Project Reality veterans and Battlefield 2 recruits!

NEW FEATURES AND GAME MODES:

-Forward Spawn Points
The default Battlefield 2 spawn system has been completely overhauled and reconfigured so that you will now have to rely on your squad leaders, the newly added “Rally Pointsâ€Â

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 17:44 

Tried it out last night. Looks good, but I have a problem. When ever I'm flying a helicopter and start making a turn it'll speed up waaay faster than a heli should be able to go, like jet with afterburner fast.:shock: This always results in me crashing, unless I'm at high enough altitude to have time to straighten out of the turn and recover. Never happens in vanilla BF2.

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 20:41 

This always results in me crashing, unless I'm at high enough altitude to have time to straighten out of the turn and recover. Never happens in vanilla BF2.

You will need practice to manage to fly in this mod.....

PR 0.5 Blackhawk flight School video part 1

PR 0.5 Blackhawk flight School video part 2

priceless ;)

PostPosted: 09 Feb 2007, 22:39 

I guess it's just not the right mod for me. Having the speed jump to more than double normal just by using the rudder to turn seems a bit screwy to me.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2007, 15:58 

Looks good, I'll give it a try.

PostPosted: 10 Feb 2007, 18:07 

I guess it's just not the right mod for me. Having the speed jump to more than double normal just by using the rudder to turn seems a bit screwy to me.

I must honestly admin that i really cant fly, so i have both feet on the ground most of the time... :oops:

PostPosted: 11 Feb 2007, 11:53 

I am DLing this as we speak. I really enjoy BF2 and I really enjoy Point of Existence and I think I am really going to enjoy this!

Quite a big DL I must say. I am happy I found it on giganews so it is only going to take me 17mins!