Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 23:15

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Dec 2006, 03:34 

All - It looks like a lot of you already have Rainbow Six Vegas for the PC. It doesn't appear to be available here in Denver CO until tomorrow. But I am already hearing that it is a horrible port of the game (from the 360).

So those of you that are playing it how do the graphics compare to FEAR or GRAW. I have a sweet gaming rig so if the graphics are not on par with FEAR then I may pass on it. I had high expectations for this game. I saw that you there is a solution for the TH2G which is AWESOME!

So feedback, how are the graphics, especially if you have a very high-end gaming rig? Does the game do it justice like FEAR?

Thanks, Mark

My gaming rig:
AMD FX60 Dual Core CPU
ASUS A8n32-SLI MB
2GB Corsair RAM
Zalman CNPS9500 Fan
Thermaltake 750w PSU
BFG 7950GX2 1GB video card
Gigabyte 3D Aurora Case
TH2GO
3 Dell 2001FP Monitors
2TB Hard disk space
plus more...

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2006, 02:49 

Gfx are on par with GRAW, which to my eyes is rather crappy. Low res textures are the norm, low poly count is obvious everywhere, FSAA does not work, frame rate is crap and the whole screen gfx have that glossy filtered look like GRAW had.

Overall, not impressed at all in the gfx dept.

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2006, 19:58 

Here is your problem and a huge problem in the modern gaming world. Graphics aren't EVERYTHING!!!! It makes me so mad that a person would pass up a game simply because the GFX aren't as good as a said game. What if a company put most of their time on game play and story line rather than making the graphics look all shiny and pretty to distract people with too much money and not enough brains, are you going to pass it up? Some of the best games I have ever played have had mediocre graphics. In fact if you think about it games that seem to be all hyped up just for the graphics seem to be dull because of all the time spent on the graphics (prey anyone?).

Don't pass a game up just because the graphics aren't on par with another game. Play the game for yourself and SEE if it is fun, not just good looking!!!!!!

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2006, 21:08 

Don't pass a game up just because the graphics aren't on par with another game. Play the game for yourself and SEE if it is fun, not just good looking!!!!!!

QFT :!:

PostPosted: 14 Dec 2006, 21:20 

Play the game for yourself and SEE if it is fun, not !!!!!!

True, this is the best way to find out. Wait for the demo or play it yourself somehow on PC.

It's not all about the gfx however, its also about the game as a whole, which is full of consolitus and halfassed done.

This is a port, so don't expect a sweet, new Rogue Spear, cause this game isn't that by a long shot.

I'd pay $20 for this game and not a cent more.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2006, 10:43 

Gfx are on par with GRAW, which to my eyes is rather crappy. Low res textures are the norm, low poly count is obvious everywhere, FSAA does not work, frame rate is crap and the whole screen gfx have that glossy filtered look like GRAW had.

Overall, not impressed at all in the gfx dept.

you read my mind, was really looking forward to this game on PC. guess i will just have to get used to the half arsed port hehe.

PostPosted: 15 Dec 2006, 17:51 

Looks terrible and runs terrible. Check out my awesome FPS! This is with everything on lowest, 1440x900.

AMD 64+ 3200 Venice @ 3800
1.5GB DDR400
256MB 6800GS @ 485/1100 (Stock: 425/1000)
200GB IDE
MSI K8N Neo 4F[/img]

PostPosted: 16 Dec 2006, 01:52 

Looks terrible and runs terrible. Check out my awesome FPS! This is with everything on lowest, 1440x900.

AMD 64+ 3200 Venice @ 3800
1.5GB DDR400
256MB 6800GS @ 485/1100 (Stock: 425/1000)
200GB IDE
MSI K8N Neo 4F[/img]

Ouch. I would suggest running at a lower res. I guess I should stop complaining about performance as I am not suffering as badly as Jazza.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2006, 04:06 

I was really looking forward to this game also. I fell in love when I first played Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield for the P.C. I'm in love with tactical shooters, but I've been so dissapointed because EVERYTHING now is being developed for the console and being ported the the P.C. Lockdown was such a horrible slap in the face for us Rainbow Six fans... and when I saw some screenshots and videos (off the X360 on Gamespot) and their review I was hopeful.

Today I checked on Gamespot.com for their review on R6:V and it got an 8.7n and sounded like they were impressed. They said it is a genuinley good tactical shooter worth playing. I had my hopes high that I could get this for X-mas to hold me over until Crysis comes out.

I expected that some of the textures would be blurry, and not very eye appealing like G.R.A.W.'s because unfortunatley now, especially with Ubisoft, that is the trend :( But ultimatley the graphics are good enough for me... I want to know if the game is really a good tactical shooter that's fun to play. I'm worried about the performance, though. 1440x900 lowest settings, and only 6 FPS with a 6800? My X800XL is around the same performance level... *GULP*

I really hope this game is one of the better R6's like the reiveiws say, but i'm tired of games with shitty performance.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2006, 05:17 

It's not much of a tactical shoot. It's more on the arcade side of things for sure. Its definitely fun in it's own right but if you're expecting depth like Rogue Spear, forget about it; it's got 1/4 the depth.

I like Vegas for its decent gfx in later levels and the pure number of 'OMG shits are happening gonna die holy crap look out chaos' moments this game has rather often.