Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 00:37

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2006, 00:08 

I was just told over at Evga's forum by a Mod, that Antialiasing and Soft Shadows on at the same time is a known FEAR bug.

So I just thought I'd pass that around in case the game wasn't playing good for you, because for me it keeps locking up with these new Evga 7900GT KO Superclock cards I'm using in SLI.

So when I get home I'm going to turn off the soft shadows and see if this helps.

For single player I was told you don't really need any upadates, but 1.08 supports widescreen now, and before I use to edit one of the files to get widescreen, so I'm not sure if the update for widescreen in 1.08 is better then just editing the file.

Also I was told that you don't need any other patches then 1.01 if all you're going to do is just play single player, but I read online that 1.03 has some bug fixes, and 1.06 was listed with various fixes, but I don't know what those are, but the wide screen thing is what I'd really like to know too.

ALOHA

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2006, 00:52 
Insiders
Insiders

1.08 adds in-game support for widescreen.

However, it does NOT add it to the expansion pack, which is weird because you need to update to 1.07 to install Exrtaction Point and it would stand to reason that a l;ater patch woudl add WS resolutions to BOTH parts of the game..

Anywho, the old settings.ini hack still works dandily.

BTW - just finished Extraction Point.

Very good. Much more fun than the full game.

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2006, 00:56 
Editors
Editors

BTW - just finished Extraction Point.

Very good. Much more fun than the full game.

Lieessssssss.
I'm not enjoying it nearly as much. It's nowhere near as scary as the original game. TimeGate don't seem to have got to grasps with that part. The combat's alright tho, and the levels are quite varied rather than just one building which is nice.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 01 Nov 2006, 02:04 

I haven't heard much good about the expansion pack. It's a shame Monolith couldn't have done it themselves.

Post subject: Ok
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2006, 02:14 

Ok can someone bring me up to date on which file it is to edit to get the resolution you want to play at?

And this is just as effective as the 1.08 update, there are really no differences in quality and performance, one from the other?

ALOHA

Post subject: Re: Ok
PostPosted: 01 Nov 2006, 03:24 
Editors
Editors

Ok can someone bring me up to date on which file it is to edit to get the resolution you want to play at?

Check the MGL, it is still listed there and not going anywhere.

Post subject: Well
PostPosted: 02 Nov 2006, 00:23 

WoOt, no more lockups. I turned off the soft shadows with the AA on and played one hour last night without any problems.

So I'll leave in 1.08 it runs great, and looks great in WS too. ;)

ALOHA