Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 20:21

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next
 Post subject: Borderlands
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009, 01:33 

Make sure you do some of these tweaks:

http://gbxforums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=79043

The ones that I HIGHLY recommend are:

Removal of startup videos, duck is not a toggle, NO MOUSE SMOOTHING, mouse scrolling on lists, Disable voice chat if you are not playing publicly. (use a number of alternatives, we actually just use steam voice chat which alone is much better than the borderlands in game chat.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009, 02:04 
Administrators
Administrators

Disable voice chat if you are not playing publicly. (use a number of alternatives, we actually just use steam voice chat which alone is much better than the borderlands in game chat.

you could use the mumble server ya know ;)

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009, 02:28 

[quote]Disable voice chat if you are not playing publicly. (use a number of alternatives, we actually just use steam voice chat which alone is much better than the borderlands in game chat.

you could use the mumble server ya know ;)

Yeah, the problem is that its hard to get 5 other people to download a program that is essentially useless to us outside of this.

I think people like borderlands.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009, 09:34 
Editors
Editors

Jeese I am lucky to have one person in my friends list playing borderlands.

Well anyways here is a new tool I made similar to the game time tracking log but its made to find/share borderlands friends list IDs and Steam IDs

http://sites.google.com/a/viciouscomputers.com/main/Home/nbr-borderlands

I hope you guys find it useful and use it.

When I find time I will add more to that page, like screenshots/videos, a mini review, the .ini file tweaks, stuff of that nature.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009, 12:49 

[quote]Okay... so my unlocks in 9 hrs was a bit off...

Steam decided to change the release date 1 hr before unlock to another 3 days..................................

I hate this so-called "Digital Distribution" and it's lack of achieving what it should be...

It was always the 30th for outside the US, they just had it listed wrong in some countries.

That is simply not true. It said the 27th in Australia for ~3-4 weeks until 1 hr before unlock. (Not that i was watching as I was getting ready for work). And then when i got home from work some 10 hrs later it had changed to the 30th. I can walk into EB today and buy Borderlands retail and it will activate on the steam servers...

Stupid 2k and their stupid fail communication with valve.

Anyway my copy of Risen arrived yesterday so I'm playing that instead...

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2009, 18:35 

[quote][quote]Okay... so my unlocks in 9 hrs was a bit off...

Steam decided to change the release date 1 hr before unlock to another 3 days..................................

I hate this so-called "Digital Distribution" and it's lack of achieving what it should be...

It was always the 30th for outside the US, they just had it listed wrong in some countries.

That is simply not true. It said the 27th in Australia for ~3-4 weeks until 1 hr before unlock. (Not that i was watching as I was getting ready for work). And then when i got home from work some 10 hrs later it had changed to the 30th. I can walk into EB today and buy Borderlands retail and it will activate on the steam servers...

Stupid 2k and their stupid fail communication with valve.

Anyway my copy of Risen arrived yesterday so I'm playing that instead...

Nothing you just wrote made that "not true", it is true. The release date was always later, Steam had it listed wrong.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 00:42 

Borderlands is awesome. Some menu design choices are annoying, but overall still incredibly enjoyable and very fun (esp in co-op). Lv24 Siren now. >_>

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 04:58 
Editors
Editors

27 Siren now, pwning face ever since i got the class mod that gives me +40% SMG damage and SMG ammo regen.

I am a bit annoyed about how the +skill attributes of the class mods ONLY work if you have points in that skill, thats a bit unusual forcing you to take certian paths down the class skills tree to get atleast one point in those skills if you want to make use of those free bonuses associated with the class mods.

Now at lvl 27 to say get Pheonix the last skill on the middle tree it wont be until end game I can get that skill almost and I have a item that gives +3 for that skill.

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 11:41 

Borderlands is awesome. Some menu design choices are annoying, but overall still incredibly enjoyable and very fun (esp in co-op). Lv24 Siren now. >_>

Yeah as much as I love this game there are some rather major issues that I wish had gotten addressed prior to release, I am really hoping for a ton of patches though. The game seems to be selling amazingly well.

To copy what I wrote on another forum:

We are level 35 now, just about to open the vault. I've put so much time into the game that it's not even funny, I should go outside tomorrow.
The game really caught me off guard though, I remember hearing some hype about it months back when they changed over to the cell shaded-esk look, and then the whole 87 bajgazillion guns video. But until that prelaunch hype in the days leading up to the PC release date it was completely off my radar. And I could not help but think of a certian game called Hellgate London every time that I thought of Borderlands.

I do wish the online was a little more robust though, More like Blizzard's Battle.net where you're characters are serverside, the games are hosted by dedicated servers, not P2P. I'm assuming that it was not in the budget/deadline. The system works fine for playing with friends but its not very useful for really getting deep into the game by playing with random players, trading etc. Here's to Borderlands 2 though! :D

PostPosted: 29 Oct 2009, 11:54 

I'm already level 50 Siren, got there almost 24 hours ago. Where've y'all been?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next