Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 13:13

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 21 Oct 2010, 21:14 
Insiders
Insiders

How hard could it possibly be to tell the difference? If they can have achievements that are specific to singleplayer or multiplayer, surely they have the means to implement cheat detection that is specific to multiplayer.

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 13:57 
Editors
Editors

Agreed, also... surely multiplayer involves significantly more Battle.net traffic, and of a completely different nature to single player, too?

PostPosted: 22 Oct 2010, 14:39 

Agreed, also... surely multiplayer involves significantly more Battle.net traffic, and of a completely different nature to single player, too?

I'm sure they could have made them identical (just creating a multiplayer game with a player limit of 1 etc) But that is not the case. They are different enough that it would be TRIVIAL to tell Warden (their Anti-Cheat) to at the very least ignore singleplayer games. The games state is different.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 02:16 

http://www.shacknews.com/laryn.x?story=66277

Who isn't Blizzard sueing?

What are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I mean TV broadcasting is slightly different but what the fuck... What's next? Exclusive rights to SC2 Videos on youtube? That's a scary thought.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 02:47 

It is like a Harry Potter video game franchise.

If we didn't have a Harry Potter video game franchise.

What's next? Exclusive rights to SC2 Videos on youtube? That's a scary thought.

Their are some issues with screenshots so vids wouldn't be exempt.

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 05:50 

It is like a Harry Potter video game franchise.

If we didn't have a Harry Potter video game franchise.

This comment on Shack News was great.

All this litigation by Blizzard popping up lately. There has to be a Starcraft gameplay strategy analogy for this.
Lawyer rush. kekekekekeke

PostPosted: 02 Nov 2010, 06:28 
Editors
Editors

In the previous millennium, when I acquired my first decent gaming computer, the first games I purchased were Half Life and the Blizzard battle-chest (Diablo, Warcraft II, Starcraft). I think I can safely say I was a Blizzard fanboy back then. Chapter jump forward to now and it appears Blizzard's strongest skill is finding new ways to cure me of my previous affection. What a difference a decade makes...

All this litigation by Blizzard popping up lately. There has to be a Starcraft gameplay strategy analogy for this.
Lawyer rush. kekekekekeke

That is the rich frosting of internet parlance right there. Beautiful.

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2010, 09:55 

I do not know where to stand with this.... The issue is that if I get caught cheating on SCII, and get ban, this will also impact my WoW subscription, being linked to my Battle.net and all...
But imho, I do not see issues with people "cheating" in single players... If by cheating we mean using the codes that Blizzard implemented in the games in the first place (remember the "All your bases belong to us"?)

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2010, 12:13 
Editors
Editors

(remember the "All your bases belong to us"?)

All Your Base Are Belong To Us :mrgreen:

PostPosted: 03 Nov 2010, 18:52 

I do not know where to stand with this.... The issue is that if I get caught cheating on SCII, and get ban, this will also impact my WoW subscription, being linked to my Battle.net and all...
But imho, I do not see issues with people "cheating" in single players... If by cheating we mean using the codes that Blizzard implemented in the games in the first place (remember the "All your bases belong to us"?)

It doesn't effect your battle.net account, just SC2. And the cheats are third party trainers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 70 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next