Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 23:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
PostPosted: 28 Dec 2006, 17:11 

[quote]
I'm laying prone and toss a rock on the other side of a hut... the enemies come right at me.

The textures always black out on the terrain. I'm running a 2.4ghz AMD, 2 gb ram, 7800gtx and I can't get the damn textures to work right.

Try throwing the rocks a bit further ;)

And, what patch are you using for FarCry? When I was using my ATI Radeon X800XL I would get black terrain with the official v1.4 patch. Try reverting to the previous version (v3.33 I beleive) and that may fix your problem.

Yeah, I throw the rock far, but they still spot me for some reason. They even spot me when I'm laying prone and still in some grass. Doesn't make sense.

Also, I'm running whichever patch came right out of the box. I bought it like 2 weeks ago, if that, so I'm not sure what they're shipping nowadays. I'll check when I get home. I also don't have internet access at home right now, so I can't revert :cry:. Oh well, I survive.

Also, might be due to the patch, but everything is extremely bright. I think the lighting is jacked up with whatever patch I'm running. When I come into a dark room, the textures are blaring. Kinda gay, imo.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6