Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 14:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Titan Quest
PostPosted: 30 Jul 2006, 13:51 
Editors
Editors

I have a copy going spare if you want it...

I'll take it! Along with that spare black SPCR case you wanted to give me too.... :wink:

You can't have the case! My case! :P

PostPosted: 30 Jul 2006, 19:02 
Editors
Editors

patch 1.11 is out. Kinda sucks cos I was using a no CD patch for version 1.08, so when I want to update it gave me errors. So lucky enough I had just renamed the old .exe file to something else. I was able to rename the original file back to titan Quest.exe and then the update went smoothly. nothings really changed that I can see, however here's the bug list that's been fixed.

Best bit it's now looging the crashes, and you send them off to Ironlore who will let you know what's the problem, at least they know there's so many bugs and are activily trying to fix it. I respcet that.

General:
- Fixed NPC dialogue fading when bumped by pets
- Fixed crash when loading a custom map in-game that contains a sheep herder
- Fixed a word wrap error in monster and NPC name dialogs that appears in some languages
- Changed mouse input to swap left and right buttons when the option is selected in Windows
- Implemented Time Smoothing to reduce hitches and decrease blur when the player character is moving
- Implemented logging system to track crashes in Titan Quest(tm). Upon a crash, Titan Quest(tm) will create a log file named "Exceptions.txt" in the My GamesTitan Quest directory.

Post subject: Stuttering
PostPosted: 02 Aug 2006, 04:28 

The "hangups" can be funny. I had a Core Dweller (awesome critter BTW) I was trying to summon as I crossed a bridge end up in a creek and he never came up. I'm guessing the developers are calling it Death By Immersion.

I had a wolf end up running in place with his rear end off a dock too....wish I'd kept a screenshot.

PostPosted: 05 Aug 2006, 23:23 

Well... Titan Quest finally screwed me. It crashed while I was playing and I lost my highest level character. I was almost done with the game. I even tried a 3rd party character recovery tool, but it did not work. Level 30 Brigand gone just like that.

I guess I could start over again, but what is going to stop this from happening again?

Argh! I really wanted to like you Titan Quest! :cry:

PostPosted: 07 Aug 2006, 13:47 
Editors
Editors

Bastard! What patch were you at?

PostPosted: 09 Aug 2006, 04:28 

I am still at 1.08. I didnt want to upgrade because I hate dealing with CD checks. I guess I will upgrade to 1.11, but that won't bring my character back.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2006, 03:21 
Founder
Founder

Have the Dev's made any mention of this on their website? It just seems like too much - even if it is a cool game, you don't want to lose all of your progress right at the very end.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2006, 07:55 

The only problems I seem to experiencing on my Viewsonic 1916, is a line scrolling from top to bottom when I move my character too fast across the screen.

It's almost like ghosting.

Are there in-game settings that will take this away?

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2006, 12:09 

The only problems I seem to experiencing on my Viewsonic 1916, is a line scrolling from top to bottom when I move my character too fast across the screen.

It's almost like ghosting.

Are there in-game settings that will take this away?

Sounds like you are experiencing tearing. Try enabling V-Sync in the video settings and see if that fixes it.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2006, 09:08 

I'll give it a go.

Thanx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next