Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 03:38

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
PostPosted: 27 Mar 2006, 23:57 

[quote]ATi is full of crap. They talk big, but always deliver late. They are always a step behind nVidia.

Yes, their solution sounds better ... but it's not on the table. By the time ATi have it up and running properly with stable drivers, nVidia & Ageia will be onto the 3rd generation of PPU's. :roll:

...as for upcoming titles for Ageia, having UT2007 means all the games that will use that engine should support a PPU.... and a *lot* of games use the Unreal engines.

i think your wrong big time there, 9700Pro to the X800XT i think ATi was the better solution, remember how the FX5800Ultra got slated? Apart from the X1800 series i dont think ATi has been behind nV, sure they didnt have SM3.0 support than nV did, but you cant knock an X1900XTX now, they make more sense than a 7900GTX as a single card, £100 cheaper (at least mine was £100 less than say a BFG GTX), and every bit as fast/ faster. yes my card consumes more power and sounds like a leaf blower but i dont care, its fast and a lot cheaper than nV's offering. Oh yeah, how about this, ONE graphic driver at a time that actually fixes problems! now there is an idea!

Crossfire is performing very well at the moment too according to most benchmarks, deffinately keeping up with nVidia. Although i do prefer the nVidia driver controls, i hate the way they release different drivers for each game, and if you get the newst driver, chances are it wont work as well as last weeks driver which was specifically for that game.

Im just calling this as i see it :) Im not loyal to computer companies, i buy what i see as the best (best priced ;)) at the time, and at the moment im all for ATI.

PostPosted: 28 Mar 2006, 14:11 

Gilly, i happen to disagree with you (obviously :) ) but I'm not interested in an ATi vs nVidia flame war. So let's leave that for the immature n00bs on other forums to fight over. :)

My comments are related to ATi talking smack about using their GPU's as a PPU. ATi's physics is all talk. IMHO they can start bragging once their physics solution is on the table.

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2006, 08:44 
Editors
Editors

There is a new trailer for the pc available at Gametrailers.com.
I don't see any 3rd person action in it, only 1st person. :(
It does look really cool though but i want to have third person.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=9915&pl=game&type=wmv

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2006, 08:50 
Editors
Editors

Yeah ... they said (I can't remember where) there is no 3rd person in the PC version ... :?

PostPosted: 31 Mar 2006, 08:54 
Editors
Editors

:cry: :cry: :cry: Nooo, please. Why. :cry: :cry: :cry:

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2006, 22:34 

had a look at cell factor again from gamershell as it is a better quality. i think it is amazing from a physics point of view. there is a boulder demo, about 30sec long that they reckon only works at 4 fps without acceleration but with the card 40fps. also have some NICE smoke effects rolling over a car.. stunning smoke, it has real weight :) also they say sony has joint license rights for the PS3! how cool will that be :)

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2006, 23:18 
Editors
Editors

Yeah I saw that better quality one too ... wow !
Where and what is the boulder demo ?

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2006, 23:55 

Hi Paddy. Will give you a call tomorrow ;)

http://www.ageia.com/physxinaction/demos.html

Have a look on the right hand side of the screen :)

PostPosted: 06 Apr 2006, 23:59 
Editors
Editors

Thanks speak to you tomorrow ... 8)

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2006, 18:09 

:cry: :cry: :cry: Nooo, please. Why. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Third person view makes you loose the "real feel" and the immersion in battle. You are not in the body, and the sounds of firing the gun, bullets flying past you, taking a hit etc etc will not be the same at all. This is a very carefully made choice by the developers GRIN to make GRAW PC the worthy sequel to GR PC, (and it was merely a demand by the GR community which the developers actually took a lot of input from. The developer constantly read the http://www.ghostrecon.net forums and also answers a lot of questions there, which is often a good read)
In GRAW, there is though increased "body awarness" and you will sometimes see your arms, feet, legs etc when you move...

If you want 3rd person go to the consols (which is a totally different gaming experience, but some like it-..strangely enough :wink: )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 97 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next