Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 13:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2011, 06:26 

I believe you've forgotten to mention the one and only holy grail that holds the entire deal together here...

Your games will be hor+

Post subject: MW2 wrote:Sorry you will
PostPosted: 28 Aug 2011, 19:28 

Sorry you will fail, no one has high end gaming PC's any more, everyone just plays consoles and even the small fraction of PC gamers consists of 50% pirates.

With this attitude, there would have been no computer in the first place! :steve:

"I sense something, a presence I've not felt since......."

PostPosted: 03 Oct 2011, 19:13 

Since Geko hasn't been here in 2 months I will assume his enthusiasm has waned. However his original post got me thinking: I'm on med leave from the military right now and may not be going back, I've been developing an idea for a PC only game using DX11 UDK3, min specs I'm looking at is HD5870, quad phenom II 9XX, multi monitor support., 8gig RAM . This would be an online 1vs1 min with the option for 'teams' to play and by teams I mean actual order of battle (OOB) teams. LARGE maps of up to 5km and fully destructible ( where applicable ) models. Actual physics, not console physics where a 12.7 has the same stopping power and range as a 7.62 and 5.56. Real terrain for actual places where altitude, wind and even humidity play a role.

I'm looking to find people in Ontario ( Can.), that are wanting to do a game; short term end goal is proof of concept with a Alpha and possibly beta single level. Shares & contracts TBD. IP protection, post working Alpha.

Regardless of any help I will continue to plod along. and will accept any input on what you have found lacking in the std. console port FPS. war games. ( MW1/2, BF2 et al. )