Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 03 Jul 2024, 23:01

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next
 Post subject: Modern WarFAIL 2
PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 01:58 

I wonder how the host is chosen ?

otherwise I'll buy the game and host a game since my ADSL is only 1024, I should host about 4 people and they all get 150ms ping hahahaha !
talk about cheating !

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 03:51 

Hell, throw Starforce on there too at this point.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 05:00 

you know...
starforce ain't actually THAT bad in itself

one should know that starforce is highly customizable (found this somewhere on the net at some point)
and depending on options & strenght of protection chosen it can pose problems or not ....

X3 had starforce and while there was a few people getting problems, official forums weren't plagued by thousands of people having problems...

For me the main problem of Starforce was that it was chosen as a protection for foreign countries (like france) whereas there was no Protection Support in foreign language ... you absolutely had to speak english or be doomed if at some point you had a real problem with the protection which needed contacting the protection company (aka starforce) !!

so in fact it all boils down to what they want to do with it

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 07:25 
Insiders
Insiders

Up on Steam... $60, even for digital version, no preorder bonus.

Bend over!
What US$? We here in NZ dream of that, 89.99 US Dollars with a Kiwi account!!!!! :evil: :x :shock:

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 07:48 

Well that's what you get for not being as cool as the USA.

Kidding.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 10:39 
Editors
Editors

No, no, StarForce isn't that bad... as long as you don't mind a copy-protection system that can potentially break your hardware.

I was always hoping for some sort of lawsuit in the US from someone who had a drive bricked by StarForce. Would have been highly amusing.

Mach... $90? Yeesh, that's ridiculous.

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 23:38 

Well that's what you get for not being as cool as the USA.

lol I had a good laugh at that !

No, no, StarForce isn't that bad... as long as you don't mind a copy-protection system that can potentially break your hardware.I was always hoping for some sort of lawsuit in the US from someone who had a drive bricked by StarForce. Would have been highly amusing.

As far as my knowledge on the matter goes, no one was actually able to prove that StarForce broke 100% fully functioning drives.... (read new)
Not saying it didn't happen, just saying that at some point you need proofs not just words :|
And it wasn't that widespread...

PostPosted: 23 Oct 2009, 23:47 

I have never played COD or COD4, but I love the PAYBACK action that is going on at the moment.

Check the server listing out for COD4 and the amount of BOYCOTT tages on them. I counted 350/470 servers with teh TAG. Great way to get a message across to the eejjots!

http://www.game-monitor.com/search.php?search=boycott

Cop that!

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2009, 00:16 

Modern Warfare 2 Adopts Steamworks on PC

So the game will require steam even if you buy it from elsewhere. I love it personally but I know lots of people will actively dislike it.

Steam is the hands down leader in offering a community focused experience on PC and the inclusion of Steamworks has allowed us to deliver the most feature-rich PC version to ever come from Infinity Ward, which at the end of the day will mean the most to our fans,

:lol: Like there will be a community.

PostPosted: 24 Oct 2009, 01:04 
Editors
Editors

As far as my knowledge on the matter goes, no one was actually able to prove that StarForce broke 100% fully functioning drives.... (read new)
Not saying it didn't happen, just saying that at some point you need proofs not just words :|
And it wasn't that widespread...

True, but for folks who use their comps professionally (especially the drives), the risk just may not be worth it.

Besides, didn't everything turn out OK? The industry turned mostly to SecuROM. Sure, explorer.exe might crash if you right-click a folder icon, but that's no biggie. ;)

On-topic:
Looks like MW2 is shaping up to a rather smallish MP player cap:
http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1802552#post1802552
http://www.infinityward.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=129808
http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=993562

16-18 players max? IW is getting darn close to the gold medal for the Multi-FAIL event.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next