Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Jul 2024, 20:11

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Bioshock
PostPosted: 16 Aug 2007, 18:36 

Thanks for the heads up Paddy. I may download now, I'm just not sure I want to do that without playing the demo which comes out tomorrow.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2007, 19:07 

Hahaha!

Yeah, I'm a little stuck with that dilemma, too; order from an online store, and get it delivered while I'm in Sweden at a conference, or buy it in a store and pay way more. :x
Conference in Sweden? Tell me more :o. I found it interesting... the machine gun model scared me though and shooting with that gun didn't feel fun at all. Maybe i was in a particulary responsive state so.. the game did give me a uncomfortable feeling.. :cry:

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2007, 19:55 

Demo Tomorrow!

"Worthplaying.com is claiming that the PC demo will be released tomorrow. That means that it will probably be available everywhere since Worthplaying uses public hosting sites like Filefront for their downloads."

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2007, 21:03 

People do not want to play a game that is underwater, omg. This game will fail miserabley just watch. Horrible idea of putting this game underwater in an underwater city, bad idea

I'm at a loss for words after your stunningly insightful post.

I seriously doubt it will "fail miserably" (or miserabley as you put it). Everyone here seems pretty excited about the game. You also need to consider the fact that there haven't been any big releases in months, and Bioshock is the first big title to start of this crazy season of big games. I think it will sell just fine.

Personally, I think the environment is perfect. It lends to a feeling of isolation and impending doom being in a creaky underwater city in the state of collapse. The 50's art-deco environments remind me of the Fallout series.

So, Jetsonic, please enlighten us as to what environments that we want to play in. A space ship? A war-torn European city? These have all been done to death. I think Bioshock is a breath of fresh air.

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2007, 22:33 
Insiders
Insiders

:?:

Widescreen Fixer Twitter - https://twitter.com/widescreenfixer
Personal Twitter - https://twitter.com/davidrudie

PostPosted: 16 Aug 2007, 23:59 

I don't know if my current set up can handle the game at 1920x1200.

So I am thinking of getting the game for the 360. But I am still not 100% sold on the idea of playing a FPS game on a console.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 03:09 

[quote]I bought a copy yesterday from Toys-R-Us.

And how painful is the internet activation? Simple? How restrictive is it? Because as much as I want this game, if I have to sweat blood to get the thing activated, I don't want to know. ;)

If your woried about activation i suggest getting the steam version :)

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 05:56 

People do not want to play a game that is underwater, omg. This game will fail miserabley just watch. Horrible idea of putting this game underwater in an underwater city, bad idea

Well, this game has earned a landslide 10/10 review with just about everyone so far. This just testifies how so very wrong you are.

I can't wait to get the demo, get the game. I know it is only Single player which is really dissapointing, as I have not finished a single player game in years (since Dues Ex, Doom3 and HL2) as I do not have the patience for them. I will see how this one goes.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 06:18 

I love the underwater setting. The 50's deco is also incredibly awesome.

I'm going to download the demo and try it on my gaming rig once i get home on Monday.

Depending on how well it plays i'll choose whether to buy it for the 360 or my PC.

PostPosted: 17 Aug 2007, 06:39 

yeah, lets compare its scores with HL and HL2 now!

from Gamerankings.com

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 17  Next