Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 18:55

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 22 Feb 2011, 21:52 

This is probably the last post I'll make for this game. A bugzilla email came into the inbox and it's from Criterion. I filed the bug as mentioned earlier with regards to the HUD placements when using TH2G, Eyefinity, or Surround resolutions. So this is the result. As you might have guessed, they closed the bug and they flagged it as invalid. Their excuse? They say it's designed this way.

BULLSHIT!

I'm fairly miffed that they did not take into consideration the practicality of adjusting the placements of each HUD elements. But I guess that only means I won't be buying any of their games for a long, long time. If they're unable to differentiate themselves from the rest of the pack, they are no different from the other franchise developers who do nothing but make console ports.

I reevaluate the game's value. It's worse than bargain-bin material. It's worthless. You couldn't get me to play the game again if you paid me to do it. Thanks, Criterion for giving us a half-assed console port...

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011, 03:53 

That's sad to hear. Thanks so much for your effort sixshot.

PostPosted: 23 Feb 2011, 11:55 

Davros (who would never refer to himself in the third person)
personally apologizes to Sixshot for buying this game (thankfully not at full price)

PostPosted: 09 Mar 2011, 11:39 
Editors
Editors

Ha... makes me very glad I returned this unopened for a full refund.

Maybe I'll get it when it hits the sub-five-quid bargain bins/sub-£3 in a Steam sale. Maybe.

PostPosted: 11 Mar 2011, 21:57 

So dissapointed with this game, was looking forward to it what with realy enjoying burnout paradise.

The HUD is probably the most annoying thing about it as people have already mentioned. Theres no way to comunicate with other players online and theres no AA either (I know you can force AA in the nvidia control panel but this doesn't work with me using SoftTH as my 3rd screen ends up black).

Seeing as Criterion wont release big surf island on PC or fix the buggy voice coms on burnout paradise I doubt this games going to get any better. :?

PostPosted: 11 Sep 2011, 19:08 
Editors
Editors

On sale $10.20 on steam... Almost got it but then I remembered the issues I had.

Picked up Shfit 2 for $15.00 instead. I like Arcady racers a lot but Shift 2 seems to be one of the defacto standard go to games for surround racing.

Now need to wait for Dirt 3 to hit half off :D

PostPosted: 24 Sep 2011, 04:44 
Insiders
Insiders

Picked up Shfit 2 for $15.00 instead. I like Arcady racers a lot but Shift 2 seems to be one of the defacto standard go to games for surround racing.

Doesn't seem to be for me. It hates my 3-way SLI set-up. Been confirmed by Nvidia that they've told the devs what needs to be done to support it, but they've chosen not to. So 3 screens is a no go for me without disabling a card and re-wiring my monitors.. no thanks :P