Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Sep 2024, 23:40

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next
 Post subject: Dragon Age: Origins
PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 00:18 

[quote]That would be horrid.

Still don't mind 0day DLC?

I don't see how the date of DLC arrival has anything to do with how they sell it in-game. Yes, I do not mind 0day DLC when it is done right.

I didn't know this was for real because the collector's edition comes with all the DLC. Does anyone have a video of the actual way it is presented in-game? I would like to see it before I make a judgement.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 01:33 

[quote][quote]That would be horrid.

Still don't mind 0day DLC?

I don't see how the date of DLC arrival has anything to do with how they sell it in-game. Yes, I do not mind 0day DLC when it is done right.

I didn't know this was for real because the collector's edition comes with all the DLC. Does anyone have a video of the actual way it is presented in-game? I would like to see it before I make a judgement.

Only the Digital download deluxe version comes with the Warden's Keep DLC, It's not included in any physical Retail collector's edition,

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 02:18 

Only the Digital download deluxe version comes with the Warden's Keep DLC, It's not included in any physical Retail collector's edition,

I know, I got the Steam deluxe version.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 14:21 
Editors
Editors

I'm afraid the way Bioware went about the DLC for Dragon Age has me annoyed and little will change that. I'm currently wondering how much pain I have to go through to actually get the DLC, given reports of EA/Bioware Social Beta not playing together nicely...

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 22:03 

I'm afraid the way Bioware went about the DLC for Dragon Age has me annoyed and little will change that. I'm currently wondering how much pain I have to go through to actually get the DLC, given reports of EA/Bioware Social Beta not playing together nicely...

It all worked perfectly for me, if that means anything. Remember that all but one DLC is included with the game so far... only the Warden's Keep is extra, and even then only if you do not buy the Digital Deluxe version.

The way the game is set up, like Baldur's Gate or Fallout, it is pretty seamless to add in DLC content and the game was basically made for it. If it is a way to get more revenue to support this kind of hardcore niche product on such a massive budget and scale, well... worth every penny, in my opinion. The only thing I might have a problem with is the in-game sales pitch, but I haven't seen it myself and cannot comment until I do really.

PostPosted: 07 Nov 2009, 23:00 

Seems they need to fix up the DLC service a bit too, as it wouldn't install Stone Prisoner and Blood Dragon armor the first time I got it. >_>
Also, the game feels a lot easier after the patch. Or am I more used to the game now (and am being AWESOME)?

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 04:54 

Also, the game feels a lot easier after the patch. Or am I more used to the game now (and am being AWESOME)?

Did you even read the like 5 patch notes that there were? :p

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 12:41 
Editors
Editors

Well, I'm playing on a PC without a 'net connection at the minute, so I'm DLC free right now. I'd love to know if the DLC can be downloaded and installed externally of the game. I've not found an obvious case of "come back when you've bought the DLC" so I'm not 'missing' it in the game right now... still, it rubs me wrong to know in my head that there are bits of the game missing. I never bothered with the DLC for Mass Effect as I couldn't be bothered with all the faffing around. (Actually, that's a good point - does the Steam version of Mass Effect have SecuROM? I forget.)

I'm also playing on Hard (rather unusual for me on a first play-through - I usually do Normal first time round) and while combat is challenging, it's not impossible. Unpatched. Bit confused about some bits of the game - why provide dialogue options for peaceful resolutions if they just make the NPC snap something bitchy at you and attack? That's happened like four times now. Not that I mind fighting, but when some supposedly 'good' NPC actually turns out to be a scheming, conniving evil SOB... it doesn't make me well disposed towards just going along with what he wants me to do.

So far, despite using just about every fantasy cliche since... well, ever... I'm quite enjoying Dragon Age.

The tiny inventory is annoying me, though. I'm constantly having to destroy items.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 13:16 

Mass Effect on Steam is SecuROM free. Don't touch the second DLC though, it is crap.

And don't look at DLC as missing parts of the game, they are extras.

PostPosted: 08 Nov 2009, 16:27 

[quote]Also, the game feels a lot easier after the patch. Or am I more used to the game now (and am being AWESOME)?

Did you even read the like 5 patch notes that there were? :p

I did, but "slightly" doesn't mean "a lot" in my book.

PS, it depends on the DLC. I think the only thing that can be installed without ever going online are some of the items. The actual content DLC needs to be authorized (just once maybe?).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 19  Next