Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 05:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 17 Dec 2006, 01:35 
Editors
Editors

Cool ? ... very ... but I love tactical shooters.

The cover system is great ... the best gameplay I have had in quite a years.

Your team mates don't take all the kills ...
AI seems pretty good although sometimes they can be dumb as in many games.
The story line isn't bad.

Some people have been comparing it GRAW ... as the first mission is in Mexico ... but it isn't really and it's way better than GRAW IMO ... and not really like the other R6 games.

It is a system hog but none the less it runs ok for most from what I have read. No idea how it will run on your system but you meet the system requirements ... http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/3801065024/m/9741071415

Post subject: Re: so...
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2006, 03:45 

should i get this game , is it cool paddy ? what performance are you guys getting with an x1900xtx , i dont want to buy a new gpu until there are more dx10 cards available and waiting for ati , but will the game run bad on my sys , what are x1900xtx users getting in rainbow six vegas. thanx in advance

Look up about 5 posts. I responded to your first question. I have an x1900xt but it's actually overclocked to above x1900xtx specs, so they are basically the same card. Your limiting factor is the CPU. You will have to lower your res a little to play it smoothly (or turn off shadows).

The gameplay is fun. It is much faster paced than they previous R6 games. Many of the die-hard fans are furious with this new one, but I actually like it. More action, less plotting. Regardless, it's still a tactical shooter and there are still um... tactics :roll: that you and your squad mates should stick to if you want to be successful.

I knew Paddy would love this game. He's Mr. Tactical Shooter and his system is not of this planet and doesn't adhere to the same laws of fundamental technological limitations that the rest of us endure through.

Post subject: Re: so...
PostPosted: 17 Dec 2006, 10:00 
Editors
Editors

I knew Paddy would love this game. He's Mr. Tactical Shooter and his system is not of this planet and doesn't adhere to the same laws of fundamental technological limitations that the rest of us endure through.
... :) :D :lol:

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2006, 04:30 

I think the cover system looks awesome, and so do the graphics (Some people have said the graphics are terrible... but the screenshots say different). I've not played this game yet, but I LOVE tactical shooters just like you, paddy. You say the gameplay is fast paced which is good... but is it too faced paced? Here's the determining question: Did you like Rainbow Six Lockdown?

P.S. Making this game, with NO built-in widescreen support make just about as much sense as... well, there's nothing that severe to compare it to! Why would you make a game for the X360 WITH NATIVE WIDESCREEN SUPPORT yet you don't put it in the PC version!? THAT MAKES -350% SENSE!

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2006, 08:43 
Editors
Editors

I think the cover system looks awesome, and so do the graphics (Some people have said the graphics are terrible... but the screenshots say different).
... many of the screenshots are from the 360 and have AA ... the graphics aren't bad but they aren't THAT good either.
The main thing is game-play ... and this has excellent game-play in my opinion ... the cover system has really made this game for me.

I've not played this game yet, but I LOVE tactical shooters just like you, paddy. You say the game-play is fast paced which is good... but is it too faced paced?
... no ... I think it is just right.

Here's the determining question: Did you like Rainbow Six Lockdown?
... no
Lockdown = one of the worst games I have played in the last few years.
Vegas = one of the best games I have played in the last few years ... if not the best.

PostPosted: 20 Dec 2006, 16:51 

Thanks for your reply, Paddy :) It's good to know someone that owns the game that can give you a true, honest opinion. And i'm relieved to hear you say you didn't like lockdown. Seriously, what a discrace of a game!

Have you played much Rainbow Six 3: Raven Shield? (That was considered the most recent R6 game before they were soiled with the consoles). One of the things I enjoyed most with that game was the adrenaline you get when you are last one alive on your team... and it's up to you to make things right! The feeling that you could die any time really made that game exciting...

... Although now with respawns in the series, so much for those days...