Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 18:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29
 Post subject: STALKER info ...
PostPosted: 07 Mar 2008, 12:18 
Editors
Editors

OK. Cheers. :)

PostPosted: 10 Mar 2008, 13:27 
Editors
Editors

Thanks for that, I've delved into this game recently and like it... I'm enjoying the Karma system, originally, I blasted everyone... couldn't get certain missions and etc so I started again... made me think twice about being so trigger happy.

Enjoying the whole game but, I've just entered Chenobyl.... Should be insteresting.

I'll install those mods for the next time playing.

PostPosted: 13 Mar 2008, 09:58 

Yeah, some of the STALKER mods are cool, like the ones that unlock the long armed zombies and trolls along with allowing mutants to freely roam. It can cause havoc with story missions though. Too bad the game needs mods to be exciting and is so buggy. I also got kinda tired of the many unecessary side quests, most of which aren't very exciting to pursue.

A couple cool quests to take though are the Kill the Mercs at Wild Territory and Package for Duty quest in Red Forest. The former is good if you use any of the mods that include Weather Overhaul and go about midnight. You get lightning and a Poltergiest that likes to toss explosive barrels at you.

The latter has a downed chopper you can get up on and lots of Snorks, Zombies, and Pseudo Dogs, including some half ghost ones that dissapear into yellow vapor when you shoot them, but they can still bite you. This one is best done at midnight with Weather Overhaul too. Another thing that's fun is taking the Clear the Swamp of Snorks quest at Yantar and kill them all with the knife.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29