Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Oct 2024, 16:31

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
 Post subject: STALKER info ...
PostPosted: 21 Apr 2007, 22:59 
Insiders
Insiders

I thought there was a food bug that caused your player to become ravenous, requiring you to feed him all the food you saved in your inventory, then run out of food and die in the span of about 40 seconds. Turns out, the numberpad * key speeds up time, and the numberpad / slows it back down. My install of Fraps is bound to * for the FPS display, so I wound up hitting this key a few times to bounce the FPS counter around and then subsequentlly ran out of time on all my quests, ate all my food and died. This game can be very frustrating.

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 07:31 

either you love or hate it. i love it. never seen such a beautiful world on my desktop...i also do remember the stuff i see in the game from my childhood back in the good old soviet times...all the surroundings look so familiar :) great game ! :)

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 07:50 
Editors
Editors

I thought there was a food bug that caused your player to become ravenous, requiring you to feed him all the food you saved in your inventory, then run out of food and die in the span of about 40 seconds. Turns out, the numberpad * key speeds up time, and the numberpad / slows it back down. My install of Fraps is bound to * for the FPS display, so I wound up hitting this key a few times to bounce the FPS counter around and then subsequentlly ran out of time on all my quests, ate all my food and died. This game can be very frustrating.
I believe this was removed in the first patch ... maybe I'm wrong as I never installed the patch as I had gotten a fair bit into the game and done some heavy modding.

Didn't you notice the weather changing rather rapidly ?

There was no documentation of those keys and what they did with the game so ... as you did ... many people thought it was a bug.

It was a bit of a pain with the first FOV tool as it also used those keys ... Racer_S changed it be cause of the problem.

Anyway ... I hope your frustrations are ended now you know about the keys ... :D

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2007, 12:31 

not made use of the num pad as my keyboard doesnt have one! doesnt the patch remove this feature? definately needs night mod. too light otherwise

PostPosted: 26 Apr 2007, 18:40 
Editors
Editors

Patch out soon ...

From the GSC forum moderator Don Reba ... in the "General" section ... "Patch 1.1009 Soon!" topic ... posted today ...

News.

The patch has been approved and should be released today or tomorrow.

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2007, 08:40 

Patch out soon ...

From the GSC forum moderator Don Reba ... in the "General" section ... "Patch 1.1009 Soon!" topic ... posted today ...

News.

The patch has been approved and should be released today or tomorrow.

Now lets just hope everyone can keep their saved games this time :roll:

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2007, 20:31 
Editors
Editors

Regarding my post ...
Patch out soon ...

THQ has recalled the patch for more changes after it has been approved. This is rediculous.

Another delay .... :roll:

PostPosted: 27 Apr 2007, 22:57 
Insiders
Insiders

This game is quite absorbing once you get a decent weapon and a better suit. I'd recommend using single shot mode to increase accuracy for your machine guns to start with... the beginning weapons are so innacurate as to be useless at any range other than point blank in burst mode. Single shot default key is 9 or 0 I think. There is a character in paranthesis that will change near your ammo indicator from (a) to (1)... a is auto/burst, 1 is single shot.

Pistols are very weak, I chose not to carry them so that I could have more ammo for the automatic rifles. If you run out of ammo for your rifles well into a mission, just start picking up the pistols and ammo left on your enemies and drop them once you find some real stuff.

The quality of your night vision is dependent on your suit. Cheap suits have lousy and noisy night vision, the better suits and have great night vision.

I really disliked this game at first, but after a few hours of playing I figured all the little things out that make the game enjoyable. I'll give it an 8.5 out of 10 now.

PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 16:09 

In my agenda one of the best FPS's on the market.to bad it has a lot of problems.I couldn't finish it with the real ending,coz I don't know why,a guy that was supposed to appear where Fox did in Cordon,didn't appear in my version (1.00) so I couldn't get the truth cut-scene.
Anyway I like it,especialy coz you can multiply ammo 8)

PostPosted: 12 May 2007, 01:19 

in case you missed it, patch v. 1.0003 is out. Just make sure you get the right one for your system. If you're upgrading from version 1.0001 then you CAN still use your saved games. Oh, and the FOV aspect is now fixed for 1680 x 1050! Wohoo!

The patch addresses the following changes:

* Added some textures of certain objects (for technical purposes).
* Added console command 'sv_listmaps' to view the list of maps queue.
* Added the support for additional mouse buttons (now they can be bound to certain actions).
* Fixed bugs with player's character health bar in Multi-player.
* Fixed the crash upon making the screenshot to a saved game.
* Fixed the bug with standing dead bodies upon connecting to the game.
* Fixed inventory items placing system (Free for all and Team play modes).
* Fixed the enumeration of the game's version.
* Fixed the crash with using Numpad in some localizations.
* Fixed the crash on the level "Military warehouse".
* Fixed the crash while idling on the pause menu
* Fixed the crash in dialog with Professor Sakharov on the Yantar level.
* Fixed the storyline task "Meet with the Guide", now you can get it by searching Ghost's corpse.
* Fixed the bug with NPCs spawning in front of the player.
* Fixed the A-life reaction time. Now A-life spawns new NPCs more seldom. Also NPC movement speed is decreased when NPC are on different level then the player.
* Binary files are now compiled with large address aware flag that supports up to 3GB address space (relevant for Windows VistaT users).
* Added the possibility to record/play the camera fly-around ('demo_record'/'demo_play' commands). Now Stalker is ready for benchmarks.
* Fixed aspect ratio 16/9. Now the owners of the widescreen displays will have the benefit from greater viewing radius.
* Fixed various crashes with dedicated server.
* The network packets have been merged. This will make the ping reduce twice or more.
* The correctness of map name is now verified when changing the map using the console.
* Fixed the dragging of dead bodies by monsters.
* Now dumps will be saved upon the game crashes.
* Fixed the in-game patching system for all localizations.
* Fixed the problem with the exceedingly long players' names.
* Fixed textual problems for 16/9 video format.
* Fixed game freezing upon trying to connect to a different version.
* Fixed binocular Spectator crash.
* Fixed non-existent grenade launcher firing.
* Fixed players turning invisible when reduced to a minimal amount of health.
* Fixed pre-selected skin not allowing for player spawn.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 283 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next