Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 04 Jul 2024, 19:08

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24
PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 07:30 

bumpity bump. everyone knows the new pre10.4 drivers fix the load time issue right?

:D

working great for me, but seem to have taken a hit to the FPS. Wondering if they are working properly with CF + EF. Utilization of 2nd GPU looks proper though.

what is that driver for specically??

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 09:00 

Thus far, unless corrected otherwise, the 10.4 preview drivers are confirmed working for Radeon 5000 series. Those on the 4000 series may end up having to wait another month until that's resolved. I wonder when they will be done with the 10.4 preview though...

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 09:32 

Those on the 4000 series may end up having to wait another month until that's resolved.

I thought the slow loading issue was 5000 series only on the ATI side due to it being a DX11 problem?

Basically the game is compiling the shaders each map change rather than using the cached ones.

PostPosted: 17 Apr 2010, 22:55 

I could be wrong tho... but I heard some other people who are on the 4000 series also having long load times as well. Just gotta see if I can dig up the tidbit again over at the EA UK forums...

PostPosted: 22 Apr 2010, 14:26 

Greetings!!
this might be interesting :P

http://www.gametrailers.com/user-movie/bad-company-2-multi-display/340876

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010, 06:59 
Editors
Editors

New patch for game. Fixes server search issues, now its fast.

AMD 5000 series guys the pre 10.4 drivers fix the long DX10/11 loading times. I am using 8.74 drivers I think they are newer than the 10.4 preview, it includes neat stuff like a gpu accelerated video converter.

If you notice lag when you respawn after patch its due to the new feature of saving your kit loadout, your AV is probably scanning the file that is read so add the BFBC2 folder in your documents to your AV exceptions list.

CTS? Yes I get them pretty often. I also get a BSOD every so often just turned down my overclock and have not had one since but no other game gives me BSOD. I also had this very annoying error with the game crashing saying I had no game disk inserted, it would do this in the middle of play, and I have the digital downloaded version from EA. I fixed it but I had to uninstall all my virtual drives and remove my USB hub and external drives.

PostPosted: 23 Apr 2010, 12:11 

Gave the 10.4 preview a thorough run-thru w/ a few sessions of multiplayer and damn this sucker's fast. Jacked up everything I can sans HBAO and it's running circles around my old card. I also don't get any driver crashes any more due to funky stability issues with nvidia drivers. I can also alt-tab out of my game quite easily as well (even pre-patch).

My only issue right now is the funky anti-aliasing issues on some objects. I run the game at DX11 mode yet no matter what level of anti-aliasing I set, the object's edges still appear aliased. I dunno how to resolve this so I'm pretty much stumped.

But overall, game runs fine and it feels rock solid. Weapon balance doesn't seem that major and it felt like a tweak than a "nerf" or a "buff". My only two items that I do not agree with are the M1911 (my favorite pistol) and the Mortar Strikes. The M1911 now throws my entire rhythm and timing off when I use it as a secondary. The Mortar Strikes should have been left alone as it is hard enough already trying to take out any armor, even the T-90 and Abrams that sit there. Any smart tank driver would move out of the way as fast as they can to prevent further damage. But those who are oblivious, they either sit in the tank or cowardly jump out before it gets destroyed.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 237 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24