Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jul 2024, 20:24

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 18:21 

Yeah I fully understand what you mean by that like thats even a problem for blizzard and valve which patch up their muiltiplayer games but never directly fix any problems in the singleplayer campaigns in hl2, wc3 ect unless something is majorly wrong.

L4D on the otherhand, every change should directly affect both singleplayer and muiltiplayer since they really are the same games. You can probably even screw with the game to make the singleplayer work exactly like muiltiplayer with a few console commands allowing people to join you.
...or start a multiplayer game with no one in the lobby (which functions the same way I believe).

PostPosted: 09 Nov 2008, 18:36 

[quote]Yeah I fully understand what you mean by that like thats even a problem for blizzard and valve which patch up their muiltiplayer games but never directly fix any problems in the singleplayer campaigns in hl2, wc3 ect unless something is majorly wrong.

L4D on the otherhand, every change should directly affect both singleplayer and muiltiplayer since they really are the same games. You can probably even screw with the game to make the singleplayer work exactly like muiltiplayer with a few console commands allowing people to join you.
...or start a multiplayer game with no one in the lobby (which functions the same way I believe).

I think the differnce is that when you play singleplayer your starting your own local 'listen' server, opposed to when you play muiltiplayer it selects a dedicated server for you.

But yeah the game play is exactly the same.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 00:21 

You can probably even screw with the game to make the singleplayer work exactly like muiltiplayer with a few console commands allowing people to join you.
That's not what I want, I just want to mod the AI's accuracy and such if it's not quite up to human levels.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 00:26 

[quote]You can probably even screw with the game to make the singleplayer work exactly like muiltiplayer with a few console commands allowing people to join you.
That's not what I want, I just want to mod the AI's accuracy and such if it's not quite up to human levels.

you want the AI to shoot you?

The AI is fine. I completed the Expert(4/4) mode of the demo in the singleplayer, Something that I have not done playing with any other people.

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 09:10 

LOL, I'm talking about your AI teammates and the AI enemies being more accurate. They'd still have the same targets in mind. LOL

PostPosted: 10 Nov 2008, 13:23 
Editors
Editors

I was pretty impressed with the AI myself. I haven't played the game through with just them, but for the brief moments when I've been with a full team of bots I found them eerily realistic.
The main sense you get from them is that they're not 'psychic' and behave like humans would: pausing, looking in corners, turning around, responding to other's actions. They look where you look and retreat to help you when they hear you fire.
Thumbs up on it from me.

I'm currently refraining from playing it now so I don't completely rinse it. Want it to feel fresh for the full release !

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008, 01:03 

The one thing I ask for, and I fail to get it... comments on my review.

You all have 1 week to un-disappoint me, I'm going to cali to see my ailing grandfather, so yeah. Cheer me up when I get back sunday or monday with lots of CONSTRUCTIVE comments/criticism on my "Ramblings of a Moron".

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008, 01:47 
Editors
Editors

I commented ...
Cool review Cynagen ... it makes me want to play the game ... :D

I've stayed away from checking out too many details as I didn't want to spoil the game for myself ...
Now from what I'm now reading here on the forum I think I'm gonna enjoy this one !
I especially like the sound of this ...
... this is, ruthless, in your face, extreme bloodbath, zombie slaying action. ...
... :mrgreen: ... sounds like my kinda game !
I'm not one for multi-player games but I might just get into this ... I do like a good PANIC ! ... :lol:

Looking forward to similar ramblings from you ... nice one ! ... :cool:
... :D

PostPosted: 11 Nov 2008, 07:34 

Don't stress Cynagen, a sign of a good review is others avidly commenting on the game themselves. Reviews are supposed to spark one's curiosity.