Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 08 Jul 2024, 09:46

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 00:28 

[quote]If i remember correctly you defended the rlod as the consumers fault for misshandling the equipment, so much for knowing the most about xbox's :lol:
Because most of the time it is the consumer's fault, as if the temperature of the room had been lower and/or the Xbox not in a space where it wouldn't get enough airflow, the solder would overheat and melt causing the heatsink to be loose, therefore causing the processor to overheat and the RROD.

Trust me, I know what i'm talking about.Obviously not because it's not called red rings of death, if you knew what you were talking about you would know that it's not several rings and the red lights of death (rlod) is 3 lights, not even making it one ring. :wink:
That and my Xbox 360 has gone RLOD on me, my room is always cold, so i can by experience say that peoples concerns are true. It's a buggy equipment and this far at the game, it's only kids and fanboys that defend their brand because "it's ze awesome"

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 00:49 

Obviously not because it's not called red rings of death, if you knew what you were talking about you would know that it's not several rings and the red lights of death (rlod) is 3 lights, not even making it one ring. :wink:
Who said that it was the red rings of death? RROD is an acronym, meaning Red Ring of Death. Not Rings.

It's a ring because that's what Microsoft defines it as. The 4 lights comprise a "ring of light," and therefore the 3 red lights are part of the 4 and a part of the ring.
That and my Xbox 360 has gone RLOD on me, my room is always cold, so i can by experience say that peoples concerns are true. It's a buggy equipment and this far at the game, it's only kids and fanboys that defend their brand because "it's ze awesome"
How long was it on? What game were you playing? Was it in a position where the cooling system may have been compromised?

In my experience, the only people who try to make things up in order to prove that they're right are those who are ignorant of the facts.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 02:20 

[quote]Obviously not because it's not called red rings of death, if you knew what you were talking about you would know that it's not several rings and the red lights of death (rlod) is 3 lights, not even making it one ring. :wink:
Who said that it was the red rings of death? RROD is an acronym, meaning Red Ring of Death. Not Rings.

It's a ring because that's what Microsoft defines it as. The 4 lights comprise a "ring of light," and therefore the 3 red lights are part of the 4 and a part of the ring.
How long was it on? What game were you playing? Was it in a position where the cooling system may have been compromised?

In my experience, the only people who try to make things up in order to prove that they're right are those who are ignorant of the facts.Exactly, like those hailing a company and says it's the awesomeness :wink: and who here has made up facts? I? You mean it's not true that i like my room cold? It's not true that i haven't had on my radiator for years? Sorry, meant ring not rings, still a little bit buzzed. It's not a red ring of death then because it's not a full ring.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/907534
The red lights of death is a more technical correct statement. Google and you shall find.
I really like your facts, causing the heatsink to become loose, the whole basic of the towel trick is that the solder looses contact with a special part (don't remember it's name, not the heatsink) and therefore when you use the towel trick the solder expands and comes in contact with that part, therefore letting the towel trick work, if it was just the Processor that've gotten fried because of the heatsink, the towel trick wouldn't work. Ooh, and btw, all over the internet, like 80% believe that the GPU is the problem, not the cpu :wink:

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 03:43 

Exactly, like those hailing a company and says it's the awesomeness :wink: and who here has made up facts? I? You mean it's not true that i like my room cold? It's not true that i haven't had on my radiator for years? Sorry, meant ring not rings, still a little bit buzzed. It's not a red ring of death then because it's not a full ring.
The red lights of death is a more technical correct statement. Google and you shall find.
I really like your facts, causing the heatsink to become loose, the whole basic of the towel trick is that the solder looses contact with a special part (don't remember it's name, not the heatsink) and therefore when you use the towel trick the solder expands and comes in contact with that part, therefore letting the towel trick work, if it was just the Processor that've gotten fried because of the heatsink, the towel trick wouldn't work. Ooh, and btw, all over the internet, like 80% believe that the GPU is the problem, not the cpu :wink:
It's a ring. Of light. That's what it is. Don't try to argue, that's the fact.

Stop trying to mix up the facts. The towel trick DOES work, because it remelts the solder points and re-connects the heatsink to the (insert part here).

It's not specific to one part. The CPU, the GPU, and the memory have all been blamed. Even the power supply can be at fault if you're drawing too much from it.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 04:55 

[quote]Exactly, like those hailing a company and says it's the awesomeness :wink: and who here has made up facts? I? You mean it's not true that i like my room cold? It's not true that i haven't had on my radiator for years? Sorry, meant ring not rings, still a little bit buzzed. It's not a red ring of death then because it's not a full ring.
It's a ring. Of light. That's what it is. Don't try to argue, that's the fact.

Stop trying to mix up the facts. The towel trick DOES work, because it remelts the solder points and re-connects the heatsink to the (insert part here).

It's not specific to one part. The CPU, the GPU, and the memory have all been blamed. Even the power supply can be at fault if you're drawing too much from it.It's not a ring, you do know that 3 lights out of 4 (need 4 to have the ring) doesn't make it a complete ring? I said that the towel trick worked, so i don't know why you capitalized the DOES. My RLoD makes as much sense as your flashed statement, so chill mikachu. I know that. There is a part that fails more often then the others, and the gpu seems to be the one at fault. Why do you think they added that heatsink? Because the airflow to the gpu was very poor, with it being under the dvd-rom and all.
and please elaborate on the trying to mix up facts sentence, what am i mixing up? But if it was a heatsink problem that would mean that if the chip is fried, why would the towel trick work? It's the solders loosing connections with a specific part and sometimes making the board end up warped, resulting in problems. If it was the heatsink problem, then the xbox 360 would be able to turn on, the heat later resulting in it freezing, instead of just showing 3 red lights.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 05:22 

All these 360 problems.

I am glad I bought a CD-i instead.

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2007, 05:43 

All these 360 problems.

I am glad I bought a CD-i instead.
I bought a 90.

It only has 1/4th of the problems.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2007, 16:44 

I'm a big PC gamer, but I also got a lot of enjoyment out of my old xbox. I'm thinking of buying a modded 360 for a couple of reasons, mainly that I like fighting games, and I love playing splitscreen coop games with a friend (Call of Duty 3, etc). I don't really care about Live ...

So ... would an Xbox 360 be for me, do you think?
CoD3 splitscreen online with my friend were really buggy and just playing splitscreen 1vs1 or 2vs2 is a pretty small amount of players, just so you know. Other then that, i did enjoy my Xbox 360 alot, Gears of War and the comfort of just sitting in your chair and fiddling with your joystick..s, nice!

I don't think you can play coop in CoD3 though....

and dem, i kept my Xbox 360 in a well ventilated area and my room is always chilly, so i can guarantee you that i didn't misshandle it in anyway.

PostPosted: 30 Oct 2007, 20:53 

and dem, i kept my Xbox 360 in a well ventilated area and my room is always chilly, so i can guarantee you that i didn't misshandle it in anyway.
You're obviously a super-alien with skin that grows so amazingly fast the vast amount of dust in your room overtook the Xbox.

Don't argue, we know it's true. We've already informed the FBI.

CoD3 is horrible imo, as it wasn't even made by Infinity Ward. CoD2 was golden, and 4 is looking quite good so far.

PostPosted: 31 Oct 2007, 14:49 

[quote]
You're obviously a super-alien with skin that grows so amazingly fast the vast amount of dust in your room overtook the Xbox.

Don't argue, we know it's true. We've already informed the FBI.

CoD3 is horrible imo, as it wasn't even made by Infinity Ward. CoD2 was golden, and 4 is looking quite good so far.
I'm not a alien, i'm just ugly :lol:
Ye, it would have been so much better if they did it.. damn you, treyarch!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next