Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 11:18

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 23 Apr 2007, 23:17 
Founder
Founder

Hey thanks for the wonderful info on the anime, I do enjoy the short 20-50 episodes more than the ones that drag out like Naruto or Bleach. I watched the OAV's of kenshin and they were pretty good.

I loved Empire Earth for a time, but Empire Earth II turned me off because of poor hotkeys. I probably wouldn't mind so much anymore though. I'm looking forward to EE3.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 00:05 

I got trackmania nations but I cant get it to work, as in I start the game and at the name entry/flag select screen I cant type a name or anything, the only keys that seem to have any effect are the arrow and enter key. All the rest do nothing. So I cant get past that screen.

I tried diffrent settings to no avial, benchmark runs fine too 63.7 fps @ higest settings at 1920x1080

I cant find any info on this problem on the web eather....

Your Saitek keyboard is the problem, i had the same.

The fix:
http://www.tm-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=1351&highlight=saitek

Great game, Just got my controller and its even better with it.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 04:14 
Editors
Editors

Somehow I knew the keyboard was the issue, I had a problem with BF2 along time ago because the keyboard and my controller were fighting for priority. I couldnt find a fix tho.

Thanks for the link (about to go read it now) Too bad im at work and cant play now!! That game looks like alot of fun. I got TrackMania United aswell and it has the same problem.

edit: hmm its the same fix as back in the day really, the saitek controller and the keyboard taking "joy 1" priority so you had to manually turn off the keyboards joystick priority or somthing like that. But I have no controller's in right now so not sure what happens if I turn off the keyboard :P Im sure it will fix it tho, have to give it a shot when I get home, and reinstall trackmania nations + the update again :/

edit2: what controller do you use? I was under the impression this game may play very good with the keyboard, but when I was playing phantasy star universe the popular controller for everybody was a Xbox 360 controller. That combined with the XBCD drivers makes one heck of a good game pad.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 07:45 

Referring back to anime. . . .

I was just going to a store that I had not been to in a long time, a comic book store that is also the only LAN center in this area (it only has 4 computers to boot, and all with 17" monitors, if that).
Anyway, I was just looking around when I saw a bunch of anime, and they are all for rent.

I'll just say I'll get use of my new optical drive and rent some anime. :) Only $3 for 2 days, plenty of time to do it.

I am waiting to get my Westy 37" first, though . . . really looking forward to getting Rurouni Kenshin, Samurai Champloo (from what I have seen, it is just too cool to pass over just because of music), Yu Yu Hakusho and so on.
I just hope when it is in Japanese mode/language it is subbed; I prefer subbed over dubbed.

I guess I will find out.

Then when I finish those I need to check out some other animes, I have not watched too many other than Hellsing, Bleach, and Dragon Ball Z.
I watched Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, Rurouni Kenshin, Yu Yu Hakusho, and Full Metal Panic occasionally, but not too often and not in order.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 07:54 
Editors
Editors

Rurouni kenshin should be in japanese, Samurai X is the US counterpart.

However I may be getting the OAV mixed with the series and that doesnt hold true for both.

If you buy it on dvd im sure it will have dual audio. if you get it thru other means, just get rurouni kenshin.

.mkv files are awsome in that they are usualy dual audio, and even have custom subs, so you can edit the way the subs look (size color ect) since they are not actually part of the video but rather just a seperate data feed.

Kenshin is one of the few I have in that format.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 12:11 

Wow... I was going to write something about RTS games, but this thread has been completely hijacked so I'm not gonna bother...

If you want to chat about anime, take it to the appropriate forum. :p

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 13:59 

Didn't have time to post something about games, yesterday, so now my On topic post :D

I have played a lot of games in the past 5 years, and some of them have made an good impression on me. The only but is that there are a lot of console games.

-Zelda: Ocarina of Time (and Tp also, but this is the game all time)
-Mario 64: Did play this game so mutch xD Too bad that mario has mutch rip-offs
-Tales of Symphonia: I'm a gamecube owner so i must say that this game is a good addition for the console.
-Time Splitters: Loved the Co-op missions. When somebuddy made a mistake and did get about 10 people on our tail :D
-Final Fantasy 6 (Have played some others under the 8 but 6 is the best, followed by 7)
-Warzone 2100: Classical for me, upgrade when you can game :lol:
-Dune 2:
-Stepmania, did it too mutch, and still doing the practice. It realy helps me with playing bass guitar :D
-World of Warcraft: Played the Beta, and playing now for 2 months. Just love this game.
-Hero's Of might and magic V: Did only play this game, but the singleplayer is great. Only downside is that you have to wait so long.
-C&C series: I like almost every game of them (yes renegade too)
-Dungeon keeper: Just played it too mutch.
-Super smash Brothers melee: Played it over 2000 hours with a friend of mine. So is enough telled about that.
-Trackmania nations: Played it on lan party's mutch
-Unreal Tournament 2004: How can i not mention this game, did sit in a bombing run clan (yes that is played xD)
-JazzJack Rabbit: Just to genius
-GTA 2: The old school 2d is the best one.
-Advance wars: Was hooked on this game like Final Fantasy tactics
-Disgaea: Did only play part 2 but i loved it from the moment i started to play
-Devil may cry: Also a classic game. the game port on the pc is not good, as you all know.

And mutch more 8)

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 17:56 
Editors
Editors

Peeps, please try to keep the subject on games here. If you want to discuss anime please go here.
I really can't split this subject of because it's just too mixed up with the games part so I ask you to keep it on topic from now on. :wink:

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 18:10 

Rurouni kenshin should be in japanese, Samurai X is the US counterpart.

However I may be getting the OAV mixed with the series and that doesnt hold true for both.

If you buy it on dvd im sure it will have dual audio. if you get it thru other means, just get rurouni kenshin.

.mkv files are awsome in that they are usualy dual audio, and even have custom subs, so you can edit the way the subs look (size color ect) since they are not actually part of the video but rather just a seperate data feed.

Kenshin is one of the few I have in that format.

Oh yeah, I have some anime episodes in that format . . . awesome stuff.

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 18:42 
Editors
Editors

I vaguely remember asking to keep this topic ONtopic. I don't think that posts helps with that. :wink: :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next