Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 18:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: 26 Oct 2006, 15:05 
Editors
Editors

Or perhaps the three Elder Scrolls before Oblivion... ;)

I'll see about picking it up on Saturday...

PostPosted: 26 Oct 2006, 17:09 

I am downloading the game now. 7GB.... 2 DVD's!

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006, 02:03 

same here, but I disagree. I'm not sure how the x850 ran it, but my 6800 got raped...hardcore, the engine was not responsive and it sucked, (thanks to huge textures and HDR that you couldn't turn OFF)

with the new card, I completely disagree.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006, 10:01 
Founder
Founder

I am downloading the game now. 7GB.... 2 DVD's!

Nice to see you changed your mind about not buying it dude. :)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006, 11:16 

Im intent on buying it, it came out just over an hour ago (on steam) but i don't think ill be buying it off steam, dont like the idea of buying a game and just downloading it - nice to have a box etc. Popped into GAME this morning, £35!! Thats £10 more than steam and anywhere else, rip off merchants - looks like ill be ordering it from play instead.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006, 14:40 

[quote]I am downloading the game now. 7GB.... 2 DVD's!

Nice to see you changed your mind about not buying it dude. :)

I am just getting it to have in my archive of games. Who said I bought it? ;)

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006, 20:33 

If you buy the box copy, in the states anyway, you can use both the steam version and the copy on the DVD with the same code. I got the DVD for 10 USD less than the Steam version so all is good.

BTW if you like the action games such as Jedi Academy, you should dig this game also.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006, 21:38 

[quote]When are voice overs ever good anyway :P.

Not often ... as I said I thought they were ok ... in "Call of Juarez" they are spot on ... about as good as I have ever heard in a game ... :shock:

Ah, Call of Juarez.. The spoken narrative in loading screens almost made up for their length. Best voiceover work. Ever.

As for Dark Messiah.. I should be getting it sometime soon. I liked the demo. The only thing that bothered me was the length of time it takes for you to attack after you block. If you don't kick them back immediately after blocking, by the time you strike them back, they're striking you simaltaneously. Kinda defeats the purpose of the whole block thing.

Personally, I would have liked to have seen a timing based block/recoil system, Condemned style. Ah well, you can still kick right after a block anyway.

PostPosted: 27 Oct 2006, 23:28 

Got it, installed fine. Having issues playing it though.

See my system specs.

Game is having a hard time with textures on 'high'. Set to medium, and audio at medium, game runs ok. Freakin' hardware hog though.

Seeing as it's Source based, you'd think it would be a pretty optimized engine by now. I'm guessing massive textures?

Anyway, it's pretty sad that a rig like mine - while not the top - but still around 90% of what's out there, has a hard time running it. Plenty of crashes and hangs.

Got it running ok now...hope a patch addresses some of these issues.

Oh yeah, when actually playing, the game is funs so far... :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Oct 2006, 00:01 

Damn steam to hell, decided i wanted to play it this weekend so thought id buy it off steam - but they only accept credit cards, not debit cards. Useless. Ordered off play instead.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next