Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 00:16

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Prey Demo!
PostPosted: 25 Jun 2006, 18:57 

i know what your saying there CodE-E, and i wish they could code so we could all get what we want. why is it so hard to have the next gen content turn on and off in teh options? as for spending shitload, no i do not really enjoy it but i want as good as i can get and if this means upgrading every 6-12 months then so be it... this is while i can afford to do this, this will not be the case after this year so i am enjoying it while i can :)

PostPosted: 25 Jun 2006, 22:00 

[quote]it is odd but nothing groundbreaking. wheres the next gen graphics rather than the doom3 stuff? worries me when my 754 chipped and 850 agp machine can run a brand new game maxed out at 1440 res

Do you like having to spend craploads of money on new hardware just to be able to play games with some more polygons and pixel shader effects? o_O

I'm very happy to see efficient (good visuals AND good framerates) graphics engines, such as the Doom III one, being used even if they're like 2 years old. I can't stand unoptimised engines like the Oblivion one which frankly don't run properly on older systems.I think HL did a better job optimizing there engine, the D3 engine just sucks. The load time was nicer however.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 10:15 

Hi there,

I am experiencing serious framerate drops when playing at 1650x1080. Especially when looking into mirrors or at persons. This should not happen with my system, I`m having no issues there with other games. The frame rate drops from a solid 60 down to 20, this is quite irritating....

g.

PostPosted: 26 Jun 2006, 14:45 

Might be the SLI in your system giving you trouble, gogo. I heard that SLI users were having some issues. Check the Nvidia forums, I think there is a good thread there on it.

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 09:40 

Yeah, its too bad the Doom3 engine hasn't been fully exploited. Apart from Q4 and now Prey, what other games have used it? Anything that isn't set in futuristic coridoors?

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 11:38 

Yeah, its too bad the Doom3 engine hasn't been fully exploited. Apart from Q4 and now Prey, what other games have used it? Anything that isn't set in futuristic coridoors?

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. :p

PostPosted: 27 Jun 2006, 13:08 

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars. :p

ok, but that's not out yet. ;) That could be *THE* best use of the D3 engine.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2006, 00:24 

Agreed, Quake Wars shall be amazing if it's retains Quake4's "feel" to the game yet it has BF2 stuff going on. And like omg, if they put a scope on the railgun :shock: Look out :D!

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2006, 21:00 

Can Doom3 engine actually render large outdoor areas? I seriosuly doubt it. I don't even think it can render any large indoor spaces unless most of it is hidden in darkness. All outdoor areas in Quake4 are spectacularly crappy. I'd rather see more games with HL2 engine or even FarCry.

Z.

PostPosted: 28 Jun 2006, 22:11 

Can Doom3 engine actually render large outdoor areas? I seriosuly doubt it. I don't even think it can render any large indoor spaces unless most of it is hidden in darkness. All outdoor areas in Quake4 are spectacularly crappy. I'd rather see more games with HL2 engine or even FarCry.

Z.

Have you even seen any of the videos for Quake Wars? I'm guessing not after reading your statement.

The HL2 engine is low-tech and was saved by the epic amount of time it's art team had to work with it, plus fantastic art direction to boot. althouhg I do agree with that I'd wished someone had made some outdoor games with the Cry engine.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 54 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next