Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 12 Jul 2024, 13:17

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next
 Post subject: Bioshock
PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 17:56 

I played the demo, and was pretty impressed. The splicers are able to hurt you quite badly (on medium difficulty), and quite fast, but not too much of a challenge. It looked great, and the sound was great too. The interface is quite an easy one to work with, and I only wish that I could pick up things and put them in an inventory, rather than use them or leave them. Still, the fire and electricity plasmids were both VERY satisfying to use. Going by the demo alone, I would say that this could be a great game. I'm not sure that it can compare to Deus Ex though (I think that Paradigm Shifter may be right), but we shall see how it turns out.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 18:59 

I experienced something weird. After playing the PC demo and returned to the desktop, it was like the colour correction was changed. Brightness or gamma, not sure what.

PostPosted: 21 Aug 2007, 19:48 

I experienced something weird. After playing the PC demo and returned to the desktop, it was like the colour correction was changed. Brightness or gamma, not sure what.

It had to be those famous tears of bliss. :lol:

BTW, I do not think this game is going to be as entertaining as Crysis will be. This reminds me of Prey, which was N-o-t-h-i-n-g s-p-e-c-i-a-l. Or was it? I do not remember. Is Bioshock much different from Prey? Prey had multiplayer, Bioshock has not it. Well, there is some difference, but both games are from fantastic world, in contrast to "real-looking" games like BF2 and hopefully Crysis. I keep looking forward to play Crysis :P

I am not saying that Bioshock is a bad game, it is just not exactly some's cup of tea. Read/watch Gamespot video review. They gave Bioshock solid 9.0.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 00:25 

Just played the Demo, awesome, totally awesome! This is good, oh man this is really good. This game is a must buy. The underwater atmosphere is amazing.

I was skeptical about a game being underwater but now I see what they were trying to accomplish... the creaking bulkheads, water dripping, glass breaking and water gushing in, doors being pushed and bent from the water pressure outside... yea most excellent, most excellent!

If you stay in an area with water gushing in... u drown, lol so you gotta keep moving. Well I assume u drown.. next time i will stay and see what happens.

A visual experience I never had in any PC game to date. The plane crashing at the beginning and watching it actually sink, water on fire.

Ladies and Gentlemen this is a new revolution in pc gaming, I highly recommend buying this game. My video card has exploded in colors and visuals I never dreamed my computer could handle. WOW! just WOW!

I did crash to desktop after I incinerated this creep in the womens bathroom...hmm.. oh well its a demo.

Go get this game!

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 03:18 

Wasn't this game supposed to be a total failure Jetsonic?

Let's dig up that awesome quote...

Ah. Here it is:

People do not want to play a game that is underwater, omg. This game will fail miserabley just watch. Horrible idea of putting this game underwater in an underwater city, bad idea

Nice call.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 04:53 

Does that mean you're not gonna buy the game?

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 04:56 
Insiders
Insiders

Does that mean you're not gonna buy the game?

It might just happen, you sounded very convincing.

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 07:02 

Haha Jetsonic, well its good you have seen that the game is awesome. :P

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 15:16 

I don't actually think the water level raised when the plane/sub thingy crashed into the tube in the demo, it doesn't seem to get any higher and i stayed for some minutes, i believe :cry:

PostPosted: 22 Aug 2007, 15:42 

[quote]Does that mean you're not gonna buy the game?

It might just happen, you sounded very convincing.

lol!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 167 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15 ... 17  Next