Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 18:25

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 20 Nov 2010, 00:13 

Oh, let me know how it goes on your system - it apparently has massive issues with quad and hexacore CPUs.

massive issues? I run quad-core here. I didn't notice any hiccups while playing it. What were the symptoms?

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2010, 09:40 

I'm running the game with a Logitech G27. No presets for the wheel so you have to set the parameters for it.

The wheel works well enough but the lack of adjustment is a let down as (at least for me) the wheel has about 10"-12" of play before it actually making a turn.....very bad, very bad indeed. Looks like this was made for a game pad.

Game play at 6048x1200 I can see micro stutters but still playable...kinda!!! I reduced the resolution in game to get a more smooth frame rate.

We need a patch for this game soon.

PS If it had adopted some of Test Drive Unlimited game adjustments it would have been great.

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2010, 16:56 
Administrators
Administrators

Yep, game had absolutely no problem with my 4 core 8 thread system, got a 15 minute video on the way up atm, be ready in a bit off 5 hours (probably closer to 6).

Edit: While I'm thinking about it, if you right click the Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit icon in the Games Browser, it has the following option:
Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit - Deauthorize this machine.

"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality."

PostPosted: 20 Nov 2010, 23:14 
Administrators
Administrators

Video is up :)
http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=58&t=21102

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 15:15 
Editors
Editors

The royal mail didn't do their job well, its not here, it might come tomorrow (will be pissed if it doesn't as its what I had planned for the weekend) but I'll let you know when I can try it. :)

Royal Mail failed for me, too, recently. They lost a Special Delivery item. Further, round here now, First Class, rather than being next day as it should be, is more like "Sometime in the next week. Maybe."

I know it's the way it's managed that is at fault, but they're not helping their case against privatisation. Except that, if it gets privatised, we can look forward to it being even more crap.

massive issues? I run quad-core here. I didn't notice any hiccups while playing it. What were the symptoms?

I just went looking on the EA forums. Now, I know that game-dedicated forums are a bad place, as people only ever go there when they have problems... but it just made me a bit nervous that it wouldn't work. If it does for you, this is good. :)

Yep, game had absolutely no problem with my 4 core 8 thread system, got a 15 minute video on the way up atm, be ready in a bit off 5 hours (probably closer to 6).

Edit: While I'm thinking about it, if you right click the Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit icon in the Games Browser, it has the following option:
Need for Speed(TM) Hot Pursuit - Deauthorize this machine.

Excellent, two for two, and a deauth. :) Thanks.

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 15:35 

Royal Mail failed for me, too, recently. They lost a Special Delivery item.

Don't scare me like that! ;)

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 15:48 
Editors
Editors

Internal mail mate; I think (hope) external mail is a bit safer! ;)

PostPosted: 21 Nov 2010, 18:59 

I like it, but the huge amount of deadzone with my g25 makes it unplayabe, pc users really need to be able to adjust it. so its going back onto the drawer till its fixed, if ever

3 x 42 inch screens @5860x1080
16 gigs xmp ram @2200

PostPosted: 22 Nov 2010, 05:13 

I fear that due to how the game is design nothing will ever be fixed. Sure it's nice that we get to play in hor+ widescreen and 3x wide. But really it should never stop at that point, especially for us as gamers and players. Ideally the update to this game would include a way to adjust the dead zone. And it would also include many more options to add better flexibility to the visual details, such as how much anisotropic, anti-alias settings, what objects to use high-res textures on, and a method to adjust how our HUD elements are arranged or displayed. But I guess now that Criterion is done w/ the game, they don't need to do anything more w/ it. Onward to the next milking title! *sigh*

PostPosted: 26 Nov 2010, 23:12 
Administrators
Administrators

Couple of notes, if you want to set your ingame picture to an avatar rather then a photo, go to hotpursuit.needforspeed.com and click autolog, then sign in with your EA account and go to the career page, you can edit it in there.

Also, if anyone wants to race or add me as a friend, my user is n_skid11

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next