Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 07 Jul 2024, 20:45

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 26 May 2010, 18:50 

bawwww. you guys complain too much.
Sure its vert- and the 30fps cap is really gay, but its a fun game and it looks great. Crank the volume and the game is really intense, dodging exploding cars and planes and all sorts

Hopefully they'll release a patch or someone will make a hack or something to get rid of the framecap and then everything will be better

we complain too much for a game with "gay" restrictions ? :mrgreen:
I... ho so much love the irony of this :lol:

PS: I have nothing against homosexual people

PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 12:38 

well the restrictions basically mean you're getting a console experience, id hardly say thats reason enough to not buy the game for PC, its not like the game is broken in any way and it still looks and sounds better than its console counterpart

also, i dont think you understand what irony is

PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 16:21 
Editors
Editors

Regardless of what anyone meant, please do not use homophobic language.
Leave it.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 27 May 2010, 17:58 
Editors
Editors

mengzor, I admire your optimism. To me Split/Second is simply "fun for an hour, broken forever" which hardly sounds like "worth the $$$". When console port should be spelled console puke, it must be stated very clearly. Not that I would flame anyone buying and having genuine fun with it.

PostPosted: 05 Sep 2010, 12:24 

I recently had the opportunity to play this game on a PS3 while we watched for my cousin's kid at his house & on PC

I must say if you want this game get it on console or at least on PS3 it is a lot better...
what annoyed me :
-not the 30 FPS cap, once in game I didn't feel it very much unlike most games where I prefer high framerates ....
-not vert- since on a 16/10 screen it's still playable
-however what annoys me : on a PS3 the controls are well done, when a button means "exit" it means exit through & through
on PC sometimes it's one key sometimes it's another :| which means if you're not careful you can restart a race while thinking you're exiting ....
-on a PS3 the menus feel responsive, on PC menus feels sluggish not being responsive enough ... (especially annoying when you win but didn't finish at the place you expected & want to restart)

one additional point that I don't know if on PS3 it's the same or not : there's two car selection screens on PC and one where you can't choose your color, stupid thing which require additional steps (go back to main menu & restart) to get color selections ... ....

Last, I was unable to get AA at least in 3D menus/car selection, and they are VERY aliased on PC however I don't know if it's due to me...

PostPosted: 15 Sep 2010, 22:00 
Editors
Editors

I was looking for a new fun arcade racer for eyefinity this was the top of my list but ver- just took it off the list :/

Still for me Paradise City Ultimate Box is the best arcade racer for me with perfect eyefinity support.