Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 05 Jul 2024, 14:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Halo 3
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 04:28 

Me too, thought it must have been some PC trickery. After I read it though I wasn't surprised that college rivalries would inspire them to go to such lengths.

I wonder when they're caught if they'll get an A+ in art class! :lol:

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 06:09 

There is an art class in harvard?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 06:29 

There is an art class in harvard?

If there is an art class in Harvard, Console games are not considered to be an art, so this would probably be considered as disorderly conduct, not as an act of artistic genius.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 09:09 

In this case the art is merely a statue representation of a video game character, so not the same thing as 3D graphics. Though it was meant more figuratively than literally, Harvard does indeed have art classes, including "Public Art".

http://www.fas.harvard.edu/~ofa/programs/figuredrawing.html

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 10:37 
Editors
Editors

Don't a lot of US colleges have histories of imaginitive rivalries?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 15:26 

Of course they do, and I really respect this type of venting vs hazing, trash talking, and other violent attacks. At least it involves some creative talent and skill. You're never going to be able to stop rival universities and colleges from pulling pranks. You can only hope to keep the ones they pull fairly civilized and nonviolent.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 16:56 

I thought that was at MIT?

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 18:15 

I thought that was at MIT?

MIT students pulling a prank on Harvard, part of their whole rivalry thing.

PostPosted: 28 Sep 2007, 21:51 
Editors
Editors

Of course they do, and I really respect this type of venting vs hazing, trash talking, and other violent attacks. At least it involves some creative talent and skill. You're never going to be able to stop rival universities and colleges from pulling pranks. You can only hope to keep the ones they pull fairly civilized and nonviolent.

This was rather my point - rivalries where they're outright nasty or destructive I think are bad. But when they're humorous and inventive, how is it a bad thing? ;)

PostPosted: 29 Sep 2007, 08:04 

Then again how is MS wanting to bundle Media Player with their OS bad? Some powers that be do make a big deal out of such things, but it's mostly just to keep it from getting out of control. In this case it certainly is defacing public property and a time honored landmark no less.

No matter how they try though, discipline is one of the hardest things to teach to a college age student. As I implied though I see this as more amusing than serious and such venting is actually necessary at times with kids this age. Certainly better than a shooting spree any day. :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next