Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 06 Oct 2024, 10:23

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2007, 04:57 

Very cool Paddy.
It does look more realistic, the way it is spread out and stuff.
Nice job. :)

PostPosted: 12 Apr 2007, 08:28 
Editors
Editors

Thanks Apple ... glad you like them ... :D

PostPosted: 24 Apr 2007, 05:58 

Oh yeah, forgot to say I'm using your blood...and it's quite good :)

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007, 01:13 

Paddy, dunno if this is specifically due to your mod or not, but recently noticed some weird glitching where blood is left on a map. The blood spatters themselves look fine but they appear within a gray box so you're unable to see the normal background beneath. It's almost like one of the layers has lost transparency. I find that this shows up most in the bar area, not sure why. Have you heard of anything like this? Maybe I'll see if I can add a pic when I'm off from work...

PostPosted: 28 Apr 2007, 08:41 
Editors
Editors

Hello crowing ...

One other person has mentioned this but I can't reproduce the problem on my computer ...

Try changing the blood back to the original ...
Just rename the ... C:Program FilesTHQS.T.A.L.K.E.R. - Shadow of Chernobylgamedatatextureswm ... folder to something else like Paddys-WM
Now see if the problem has gone away with the original textures.
If it is my textures I will take another/closer look for you.

PostPosted: 05 May 2007, 19:58 

Well now that things have slowed down a bit for the summer I finally have time to actually do stuff I enjoy. So yeah, here are the pics that I promised. It's definitely something that's noticeable around the bar area, I'll have to check if it shows up anywhere else.

PostPosted: 09 May 2007, 09:47 
Editors
Editors

Hello ...
I must have missed your post ... sorry ... :oops:

Try these ... Paddysblood2.rar

The older ones didn't have alpha channels ... it didn't seem to make a difference on my system ...
These new ones do have alpha channels ... it might make a difference ...
Here is what they look like on my system ...

Please let me know if they are now OK so that I can update the original post ...

Cheers .... 8)

PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 01:22 

Well, thought I'd let you know that the blood decals look much better now that you made those adjustments. Thanks for the quick response! However, I'm disappointed to say that my graphics still don't look quite like yours....perhaps we could trade computers? :roll:

Just curious, but what mods do you use anyway? Have you got any others in the works? Well, thanks again!

PostPosted: 11 May 2007, 02:19 
Editors
Editors

Glad they are now working for you ... sorry but I don't want to trade comps with you ... :lol:

Just curious, but what mods do you use anyway? Have you got any others in the works? Well, thanks again!
I did have lots of mods ... so many I can't remember the actual names ... here is the gist of things I have done ...

Fixed the text for TripleHead ... two days of trial and error with the files !!
Reduced the size of the crosshair ... so glad about this one ... :D
Added more items to buy in the traders shops ... (***)
Change the players height to be more real ... it seemed very low ... (***)
Change the weights of certain items in my inventory and added the ability to carry more ... (***)
Changed the names of the guns to real names ... found mod on the net.
Worked out how to add edge softening to the deferred lighting the game uses when the lighting is at max. (Normal anti-aliasing can only be used with Static lighting)
I have also tweaked this such that the blurring (fake antialiasing) occurs more in the distance as I feel it looks better that way.
Played with the damage and weapons to try to make the game less frustrating ... (***)

(***) From what I have read on the net the patch addressed many issues that are not mentioned in the readme for the patch so some of the changes/tweaks I have made may no longer be needed.

Anyway with the new patch and when I get time I will be going through them all again ... just adding in what I want/need ... :D