Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 22:04

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 09:41 

Also, the demo didnt kick me for playing with WS.

It worked for me also for the first week, it seems to be a policy added recently, hopefully they will change their perspective on this (not likely).

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 10:33 

Ok, now it's over for me too. I won't buy this game. Maybe I buy Gothic 3...

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 13:23 

maybe this is their way of getting back at you guys for spamming their email box with petitions to put widescreen support in :P

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 13:25 
Editors
Editors

Possible, to me they are just looking like a couple of bullies. :lol:
There is no other reason for not supporting widescreen but just enjoying all the commotion.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 13:39 
Editors
Editors

it jus makes no sense! by selecting the widescreen res, you are actually LOSING the amount you can see on screen! Why is it cheating by having a disadvantage :shock:

Sort it out Evenbalance.

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 14:27 

Technically, widescreen resolutions give you an unfair advantage over other players.

Not that I care for the game at all, just stating fact.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 14:33 
Editors
Editors

Not on BF2, editing the command line gives you -VERT, so you are simply seeing less off the top and the bottom, and the same amount HOR as 4:3'ers!

Follow me on twitter: @theg00seberry and find me on Steam

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 15:08 

Technically, widescreen resolutions give you an unfair advantage over other players.

Not that I care for the game at all, just stating fact.

If that was the case, why don't they do some kind of hardware cap/settings for the game? Clearly someone with max settings and higher FPS has an unfair advantage over someone with lower graphical detail. Oh and we can't forget them gaming mice. Noone should be allowed to use those either...

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 16:04 

If that was the case, why don't they do some kind of hardware cap/settings for the game? Clearly someone with max settings and higher FPS has an unfair advantage over someone with lower graphical detail. Oh and we can't forget them gaming mice. Noone should be allowed to use those either...

I am not sure if what eZ` said about BF2 is the same for BF2142, but let's look at what you have just said. You are trying to compare in-game settings to outside tweaks to improve the gaming experience. Sure, setting fog distance to the max let's you see farther, and therefore gives you an unfair advantage over other players. But this option is available to change in the game settings. What I am talking about is outside tweaks, to force the resolution (not available at the resolution selector in-game) to a widescreen resolution, such as command line options or .ini changes. It's comparable to using a modified DLL in half-life games to remove the fog when you are underwater. Obviously there are factors they cannot control, like what kind of hardware is used on the end-users side, but these are the things they can attempt to control. Obviously if the game had support for the widescreen resolkutions, this would not be an issue.

I remember when Diablo II: LoD came out and it offered 800x600 resolution, which was widely considered unfair advantage over the old 640x480 resolution. This is sort of the same thing, but not really.

PostPosted: 18 Oct 2006, 16:07 

EA the King Canute of widescreen gaming

"thou shall not have widescreen back to 4:3 i command the"

Lame

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next