Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 02 Jul 2024, 21:26

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2006, 21:39 
Editors
Editors

Until it's released, we have no idea.

Conversation about playing FEAR in this thread was about the original - not the expansion.

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2006, 22:13 
Editors
Editors

Am I the only one that thinks this game is the worst ever?

Eye candy? great. Game play? Boring :!: :!: :!:

PostPosted: 13 Jun 2006, 23:33 
Editors
Editors

Hm...

On replay, I can see where you're coming from. I mean, the first time, I was 'Wow! Graphics!' and 'Wow! That dude just dived through a window to avoid a grenade! And it wasn't scripted!' (I know because I had to play that room five times to not die... and he only did it once...)

But, honestly, I'm finding the whole thing only marginally better than Doom 3 now. At least I was interested for the whole game, though - Doom 3 bored me to tears about twenty minutes in...

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2006, 07:53 
Editors
Editors

I agree, i don't see the added value of a expansion disk.
I guess it's all gonna be the same. :(

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2006, 08:59 

True -- no need to expand the game... it was already on the knife's edge of repetition. However i'm hoping the expansion will improve multiplayer a bit. That would be nice. :D

PostPosted: 14 Jun 2006, 14:18 
Editors
Editors

I wouldn't mind some more storyline, if the gameplay was a little less repetitive...

PostPosted: 15 Jun 2006, 09:35 

actually, what was i thinking in my last post... i would prefer more gore and violence. :P

PostPosted: 16 Jun 2006, 13:12 

I don't know. I loved every second of the game. I was on edge the whole time and even though the lack of different enemy characters in the game was obvious, the way they strategized, moved and communicated gave me such a great time. The slow-mo is beautiful and listening to all of the bullets DINKING off everyone's heads is too much fun. Not to mention that the soundtrack was simply stunning. That and the added sound effects and ambient noises... almost too much for my senses. A great package this game is. So, I say BRING ON THE EXPANSION. I want more. :D

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2006, 00:30 

I liked the story quite a bit, especially the weird stuff that would flash in with voiceovers here and there, and finding things out via the computers. But I found in the ending part that I seemed to have missed out on some sort of crucial information as I was just learning about Alma a bit and the next thing I knew the game was in the ending part.

As for gameplay, I loved the AI and how they use the environment so well, but I hated how many shots it took to kill enemies. It's one thing to have great AI, but when you're constantly running out of ammo because it takes multiple headshots to take enemies down, it sucks the fun out of things.

PostPosted: 17 Jun 2006, 01:23 

its amazing...I get a game, and just get sucked into another one...I haven't even BEGUN Fear.

doh..