Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 30 Jun 2024, 22:54

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006, 01:51 
Founder
Founder

Sell your soul to the devil?? :twisted: :twisted:

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006, 03:32 

Sell your soul to the devil?? :twisted: :twisted:

At this point I think I would if I could... everynight I go to bed and try to fall asleep but I start thinking about how Im going to get the money, and how awesome my PC and 360 will look when I get it! ahh. Oh well, I'll get it sometime. 2 months at the latest, since I'll be working during the summer.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006, 19:31 
Editors
Editors

It'll come, don't worry. :) But Gabbo is right - avoid credit cards or loans... they're bad. Unless of course you've got the money to pay the bill off when it comes. Interest payments are painful.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006, 21:19 

It'll come, don't worry. :) But Gabbo is right - avoid credit cards or loans... they're bad. Unless of course you've got the money to pay the bill off when it comes. Interest payments are painful.

Lol...I always used to tell myself I'd never use a credit card for anything unless I'd have the money very soon after...I have a lot of friends who maxed a few cards by the time they were in their mid twenties and it really sucked.

I even had a friend who bought a video camera, paid the minimum for at least 4 years, then when he was a bit older he went to pay off the rest and realized he hadn't even made a dent in the principle! haha. By then the camera was so old it wasn't even worth owning.

Oh well, I'm a Commerce & Admin student so I've learned lots about interest and how it can screw you around ;)
I think I'd still buy it on credit though seeing how I can make up at least half of the cost selling my current monitor and a few other things, and then during the summer I'll be making like 15 bucks an hour.

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006, 22:07 

Tip: Dont use a credit card :) And welcome to the board :)

I always pay off my credit card the same month, i only use it for its extra insurance and fraud protection features.

Of course, its usefull too if your waiting for next months paycheck to come in :)

Funnily enough, i increased my credit limit on my card today, to buy some new amp equipment for my guitar :) (only because my bank block my card every time i buy something expenensive though!).

On another note, the 2405 rocks, i bought one in December, for use with my PC and 360. You wont regret it, its a fabulous monitor, my only gripe is its annoying when you have to play a non WS game on it (such as EA's Rugby 2006 which has only just come out). Other that that, its great :)

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006, 22:12 
Editors
Editors

I always pay off my credit card the same month, i only use it for its extra insurance and fraud protection features.

Same here. ;) Increased fraud protection and purchase protection is very useful. It's nice to be able to set a credit card company on a store if the get pissy about a return of faulty goods, too...

PostPosted: 13 Feb 2006, 23:31 

[quote]I always pay off my credit card the same month, i only use it for its extra insurance and fraud protection features.

Same here. ;) Increased fraud protection and purchase protection is very useful. It's nice to be able to set a credit card company on a store if the get pissy about a return of faulty goods, too...

Exactally :wink:

When shopping online, i only use my credit card too, i had some money stolen from my debit card and used on online gambling sites! Although LloydsTSB got every penny back for me, and sent me a new card very quickly, it left me worried that the theives could possible, if it happened again, clean out my bank account! At least with a credit card its safe.

PostPosted: 14 Feb 2006, 00:40 

Credit cards are actually almost stupid how safe they can be.
My brother is head fraud detector at the company that does all of the Interac E-mail Money Transfers here in Canada (http://www.certapay.com shameless plug!)
and he told me that all you have to do is contend a credit card charge and if they don't have 100% proof you made it, you get the money back.

I think he knew someone who just got fed up and went out and maxed their credit card, contested the charges and they couldnt' do squat about it. She didn't have to pay anything.

PostPosted: 15 Feb 2006, 13:22 
Founder
Founder

Can she spell "fraud" charges?

Also How To: Quickly Ruin Your Credit Rating.

Having credit is a very good thing - when used wisely.
(I.E buying a tractor :wink: )

BEFORE purchasing to a cash flow projection & a household budget
- the figures don't lie.

PostPosted: 16 Feb 2006, 02:09 

Samsung LN-R238W.Its a great all around widescreen.PC,HDTV,and is the choice TV for XBox 360.I am more than happy with it at a Native resolution of 1360x768.Also probably cheaper than the Dell.Great Set!!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next