Widescreen Gaming Forum

[-noun] Web community dedicated to ensuring PC games run properly on your tablet, netbook, personal computer, HDTV and multi-monitor gaming rig.
It is currently 31 Jul 2024, 08:29

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
PostPosted: 15 Jan 2010, 23:48 

[quote][quote]EDIT: Arrrr well. I guess this will suck after all, it is a cross platform game. Xbox & PC. There goes the neighbourhood. For starters the mouse lag in DuesEx2 was terrible & couldn't be fixed.

I don't see how an Xbox version instantly means a crappy port... Dragon Age has an Xbox version for instance. The game originally was announced for PC only and still, to my knowledge, has no confirmed platforms other than that (though it surely will by release).

No, your right, not 100% of cross platformers are crappy. I draw a comparison of Cross Platform games, to the EuroVision Contestants. They might be dressed up, they might be on big stages, they might have out of time backup dancers, they might have a SHITE LOAD of coverage and hype, they might be strangely entertaining and some of they might even win the bizarre contest...but at the end of the day most of the bands are just crappy.

I have a lot of hope since it started as a PC game and the dev team has always said PC is the lead SKU on their forum. We could be dissapointed in that regard, but I am optimistic.

Luckily I also tend to be more easy-going on these matters than a lot of PC-only gamers... I can play a quick port as long as the core game is good.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 01:57 
Editors
Editors

Alan Wake apperently is set for April this year, but we'll see.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 02:03 
Insiders
Insiders

The only way I could possibly be interested in Deus Ex 3 would be if they admitted IW was a colossal screwup and that Deus Ex 3 would pretend it never happened. And if they didn't call it Deus Ex 3.

I'd also really like to see a 2D sidescrolling Sonic game with high definition sprite-based graphics, no characters that were not features in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, no voice acting, and it should be called Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 06:14 

The only way I could possibly be interested in Deus Ex 3 would be if they admitted IW was a colossal screwup and that Deus Ex 3 would pretend it never happened. And if they didn't call it Deus Ex 3.

Of course you realize none of that has anything to do with the quality of Deus Ex 3.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 07:10 

I'd also really like to see a 2D sidescrolling Sonic game with high definition sprite-based graphics, no characters that were not features in Sonic 3 & Knuckles, no voice acting, and it should be called Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

The failure that was IW was the marked start of the history or poor porting, and designers not listening to gamer opinions. What they should have made was DuesEx2 as in more of DuesEx, not a whole different game with a few cameo visits from DuesEx characters.

how good was DuesEx sound track as well?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 07:32 
Insiders
Insiders

Of course you realize none of that has anything to do with the quality of Deus Ex 3.

It's got a lot to do with it. If you try to build on top of a complete mess, you will get another complete mess, as has been demonstrated all too frequently by awful sequels that do not stop and never return to greatness without some serious retconning.

*must... suppress... inner spelling Nazi*

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 09:50 

It's got a lot to do with it. If you try to build on top of a complete mess, you will get another complete mess, as has been demonstrated all too frequently by awful sequels that do not stop and never return to greatness without some serious retconning.

*must... suppress... inner spelling Nazi*

The storyline in IW was ok, I don't remember any horrible aspect to it. It was mostly the loss of RPG customizing and the small areas that hurt the game. If they didn't use the story elements IW fans would be annoyed.

It's a prequel anyway though, so I doubt it will mention much of IW anyway.

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 10:12 

Isn't it like prequel with the same character but they have stronger power or something silly like that?

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 17:03 
Editors
Editors

It's supposedly set when mechanical augmentation was the rage, rather than nano augs. Bit-Tech had a preview of it.

And Johnny, the music in Deus Ex was great. Still the menu music is oddly obsessable. ;) (I know, I know, that isn't a word...)

PostPosted: 16 Jan 2010, 22:39 

Isn't it like prequel with the same character but they have stronger power or something silly like that?

It's not the same character, and he has mechanical augs instead of nano ones... like those two other agents in Deus Ex.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next